Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buddhist/Sanskrit sibling name for Bodhi??

I was floored by some of the suggestions and care that the forum readers have! Hoping you guys can help us out because we're struggling for some name ideas. We're having a boy in a few weeks and still can't decide on a name. I'd love to have something that would either be Buddhist/Sanskrit, or even Irish/Gaelic if there were an option of overlap.

My wife (Irish mixed) and I (Indian) have a sweet 2-yr old boy named Bodhi. The name is perfectly eastern and western, with spiritual notes that made it a big win for us. It means to "awaken" and not only was there distress in the pregnancy but he certainly brings that to our lives together.

For the second one, we're also having some pressure to come up with something unique but meaningful.

Someone else - totally unrelated - in a similar position started a Berry thread but they're expecting a girl. (http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...name-for-Bodhi).

Come on, Berries!! I'm praying that you guys might have some suggestions for a boy - please let me know your ideas!

Thanks so much -
    Last edited by abhilash; September 23rd, 2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Clarification

Because in the other thread you said "I have a firecracker of a three-year-old boy named Bodhi. We are both thrilled about his baby sister due March 30th, but I'm struggling with her name."

So is Bodhi 3 or 2? Is the incoming baby a boy or a girl? Is it in a few weeks or in March? Sorry there are just more plotholes than the Bible.

Sorry for the confusion! I'm not the author of the other thread at all - that's a totally different couple. Edited the original post to clarify.
    Last edited by abhilash; September 23rd, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Did I do something wrong?

No one saw fit to respond. I phrased my question like others in the forums. What did I do wrong?

My favorite Sanskrit names for boys are Bodhi, Nikhil & Rohan

Shea * Jade * Azure * Fox * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden