Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Honor a Nancy?

We are expecting our second daughter in Feburary, big sister is Rylee. We would love to honor a family member named Nancy, but I don't like the name out right as a First or Middle name. I would love to hear suggestions on alternatives to the name Nancy in a way to honor her. First and/or middle names we are currently considering to go with it are:

Eva
    Nina
    Katherine

Thanks for your help!!

#1 Nancy is a diminuitive of Ann... So you could use another Ann derivative or name containing Ann.
    Anja
    Anya
    Anastasia
    Anna
    Annabelle
    etc...

#2 Nancy means 'Grace', so you could use another name meaning 'Grace'
    http://nameberry.com/search/?gender=...rivation=grace
    The names I like are:
    Carissa
    Gracie
    Marianne
    Milena
    Nina
    Sena

#3 Find a similar sounding name
    Nicky (this is all I can think of but its not the best example)

Just saw your list and as Nina has the same meaning as Nancy, I may just go with Nina

User giinkies pretty much has it covered. Ann or Grace are great alternatives. Does Nancy have a middle name that you can use?

I love all of @giinkies' suggestions! Exactly what I was going to post. Nancy is a form of Anne, so I would probably just pick an Anne variation that you liked, and use that. Or even use Nancy's initials, since Nina is on your list. For example, of she's Nancy Louise, you could do Nina Lorelei, or even Nina Louise, or whatever.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George