Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Sister for Harvey and Wyatt

Hi,

I'm expecting a baby girl in March. I have two sons, Harvey and Wyatt.

Honestly, I love both of my sons names, but I'll admit I have some regrets about Wyatt paired with Harvey. Harvey is such a strong, unique name, and people tend to love and remember it. Wyatt is just very common by comparison, and it bothers me more than I thought it would. Though I do like both names.

On naming style - Would love a name that is strong, possibly vintage, and that pairs well with Harvey and Wyatt as a sibset. I guess I prefer a name that's not overly common (though a lot we like tend to be common). Some we like are:

Matilda
    Agatha (is this too musty?)
    Loretta / Etta
    Agnes
    Fiona
    Millicent
    Nora
    Olivia
    Sophia /Sophie
    Phoebe
    Violet
    Emily
    Abigail
    Isabel
    Hannah
    Audrey
    Amelia
    Sadie

2 syllable last name starts with "lang" so names that in with "la" are out - have always loved Wilhelmina/Willa, but really is a tongue twister with the last. Favorites from my list? Suggestions?

thanks!
    Last edited by kimma; September 26th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

I'd go with something a vintage/ slightly Wild West sound. Sadie would be my pick out of those but I also like Violet.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Harvey is a vintage saint name and Wyatt has a Wild West vibe so I like these names on your list.I would avoid girls names ending in similar sounds (Sophie and Harvey/Violet and Wyatt).

Matilda
    Agatha (is this too musty?) - Nope
    Fiona
    Millicent - this isn't as bad as Violet and Wyatt.
    Abigail
    Isabel
    Amelia
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Well, if you're looking for something vintage and not too popular I'd definitely avoid: Emily, Amelia, Isabel, Olivia, Sophia, Abigail, Audrey -- they're top 40 names (in fact's that's half of the top 10!)

Violet is definitely rising fast and so is Matilda, but they do have the vibe you're looking for.

Hannah seems a bit dull compared to Harvey and Wyatt

From your list I'd go with Matilda, Millicent, Sadie, or Fiona.

And by the by, I think Wyatt is a lovely name and not at all overly common. Harvey may be more memorable, but I think that's mainly because it's a love it or hate it sort of name--not many people have no opinion about it.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Olivia sounds good, but its way popular and common ( Hannah, Sadie, Abigail, Emily, Isabel, Sophia all popular used a lot too.)

That leaves Agatha ( people would remember this, but maybe not for the right reasons?) Violet, Phoebe, Agnes ( my grandmas name she hated so much she refused to use it and dropped it altogether) Loretta, Nora and Millicent.

I think I'd choose Violet, Nora or Phoebe. Not perfect with your set, but they already are stylistically very different.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*