Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on our only boy name and Ivan

We won't be trying for a few years, but I doubt that I'll be comfortable getting opinions then. We only have one name for Ivan's potential brother and we would appreciate your thoughts on it and how they sound together. I am adding a mock surname, Pistachio, because I think it makes a huge difference in a name. Of course, the surname is not Pistachio, but it has the same initial, ending, syllables, and cadence.

Dexter Theo Pistachio

Please excuse the strange title, I have no idea why I added 'and Ivan'. o.O
    Last edited by pistachio; September 23rd, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Killian Bram . Angus Rex . Dexter Linus . Remy Wolfram . Rex Oliver . Wren Winter . Augusta Fox . Winnie Pomeline . Starling Delilah . Zinnia Axelle . Thora Violet

I like Ivan and Dexter as bros, and Dexter Theo is fine. My only concern is that Theo and Pistachio rhyme.

Oh, we were a little concerned about that too, but it actually kind of felt right anyway. Thank you!
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Killian Bram . Angus Rex . Dexter Linus . Remy Wolfram . Rex Oliver . Wren Winter . Augusta Fox . Winnie Pomeline . Starling Delilah . Zinnia Axelle . Thora Violet

Ivan and Dexter are awesome together. They both has a similar manliness to them but with such different temperaments that I think they are very complimentary to one another.

I also love Dexter Pistachio (Can I steal your LN because it rocks!!!) Dexter counteracts the slightly frilly Pistachio so well that it feels beautifully well rounded. I do agree that -o endings in Theo and Pistachio are a bit awkward but since it's a middle name I don't think it really matters all that much and that Dexter Theo is a great combo.

I'd say go for it. Two thumbs up.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

Ivan Pistachio sounds great, and Dexter Pistachio sounds fine, but Dexter feels very different to Ivan. One very classic and a tad Russian, sleek and simple. The other trendy and flashy with a bit of a nerd vibe. I don't hate it, but I'm not a big fan either.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas