Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Emerson needs a middle name and yes It's for a boy not a girl.

We found out we are having a boy and have had the name Emerson picked out for a boy for forever despite the rising popularity that it's gaining as a girls name. I still love it for a boy and feel like it fits well with my 2 girls names. So my dilema is... we had planned to use Chase as the MN, but my sister is insisting it's her favorite boy name and the one she wants to use if she has a boy. Originally I wasn't budging, but I figured if I can find something I like just as much with Emerson why not make her happy, so any suggestions?

My daughters are:
    Adalena Kate
    &
    Charlotte Hope

Other off limit boy names already used by family are:
    Jude
    Ellis
    Corban
    Zane
    Brennan
    Parker
    Paxton
    James
    Roland
    Oliver
    Flynn

I don't mind sharing my last name since it's already in my profile, so it's Foltz

So full name Emerson _________ Foltz

Thanks Berries!

First I want to say that I agree with trying to find a different middle. Of course no one can claim a name, but it's just a middle and if your sister feels it's "THE name" I'd try to find something else.

I would chose a middle that isn't used for girls to make sure people don't assume he's a girl all the time when they read the name. So I would avoid Ellis, Brennan, Parker and Paxton, they all have this trendy vibe that has a unisex feeling. I think Emerson Corban and Emerson Oliver don't have a good flow and Emerson Zane doesn't flow well because of the "s-z" sounds that kind of mash. I don't like Roland, so that leaves:

Emerson Jude
    Emerson James
    Emerson Flynn

I like all three, Emerson Jude sounds most like a boy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorblueskye View Post
    First I want to say that I agree with trying to find a different middle. Of course no one can claim a name, but it's just a middle and if your sister feels it's "THE name" I'd try to find something else.

I would chose a middle that isn't used for girls to make sure people don't assume he's a girl all the time when they read the name. So I would avoid Ellis, Brennan, Parker and Paxton, they all have this trendy vibe that has a unisex feeling. I think Emerson Corban and Emerson Oliver don't have a good flow and Emerson Zane doesn't flow well because of the "s-z" sounds that kind of mash. I don't like Roland, so that leaves:

Emerson Jude
    Emerson James
    Emerson Flynn

I like all three, Emerson Jude sounds most like a boy to me.
    ..........those names she listed were other off limits names she can't use...
    Setra Reign 6/22/08
    Lennox Jay 2/26/14

I think a one syllable middle name would be best with Emerson, and your daughters both have one syllable middles so to keep that going, here are some suggestions:
    Names that have the same sound as 'Chase':
    Emerson Jase
    Emerson Case/Kase

Other masculine middles:
    Emerson Blake
    Emerson Cole
    Emerson Chance
    Emerson Jack
    Emerson John
    Emerson Jett
    Emerson Luke
    Emerson Ace