Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister name for Seamus

Hello all.
    I have fallen in love with Seamus. The name sounds masculine, strong, but sweet. What do you think of the name Seamus?
    I am having a hard time finding a girl name that sounds good with it.
    This is my list of girl names I like, in no particular order:
    Pascale
    Ophelia
    August
    Marigold
    Circe/Cersei
    Penelope
    Nora
    Adeline
    Estella/Stella

Which of these names do you think would fit best with brother Seamus? Do you have any other suggestions or middles? Thanks and take it away!

Marigold! I just added it to my list.
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

Nora is the obvious choice because both are Irish. However I also think some of the other names can work.
    With Seamus I like
    Nora
    Adeline
    Penelope
    Stella or Estelle
    My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Gwen-Eve-Clare-Arianne-Mica/Micah-Emmeline-Anna-Lena-Cassia-Faye-Liana-Piper-Violet-Nina-Carys

Flynn-Lucas-Lorcan-Caleb-Ronan-Rhys-Graham-Henry-Jack-Ian-Seth-Miles-Cian-Sawyer-Owen-Emmett

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea/Azelie

Seamus is so cool! The first time I saw this name I thought it was pronounced as sea-moos, I was about five and mus is Norwegian for mouse. I was obsessed with C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia at this point so I associated the name Seamus with the mouse Reepicheep who was a mouse at sea, haha. So I like Seamus very much, although I was slightly disappointed when I realised it was pronounced very differently to how I thought it was... oh, well, I got over it!

Of your names I think Marigold would be smashing perfection with Seamus. I'd imagine them to be raised on an organic farm, swimming in the tall grass, playing peek-a-boo with the cats and chasing chickens. Silly chickens... I also think Stella and Penelope would be great.

If you want some more Celtic-ness:
    Betsan
    Bonnie (how cute is Bonnie?)
    Lilwen
    Nessa/Nesta

Other random things:
    Anouk
    Esme
    Gaia
    Ismene
    Linnea
    Lucina
    Sabina
    Vesta
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I like Nora!