Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Children of Walter and Paula

Sorry for all the posts. I'm finished with my main characters but now I have to name their siblings or children.

Alright, I have high-class Torontonians, Walter and Paula Suggs. They have two children, a daughter and a son.

The Daughter was born in 2000. She is your typical teenager. She's the outdoors type and is very social. She is also a straight A student.

The son was born in 2005. He loves sports but he struggles to be good at sports. He is more shy and struggles in school. He spends a lot of his time trying seeking attention from his father which usually leads to more disappointment.

For the daughter, I was thinking maybe; Noelle, Whitney, Daisy, Trinity (NN. Trini).

For the son, I really like Benjamin. His dad calls him Ben, but he's momma's little boy and she calls him Benjie.

Thoughts? I'd love other suggestions too.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

What sort of name are you trying to evoke? This is how I see each of them:

Noelle - a bit tomboyish, like the parents might have wanted a boy, a pretty uncommon name with a common nickname (Elle/Ellie etc), I'd see her as a character with identity issues.

Whitney - a bit preppy, maybe named after Whitney Houston, I'd see her as a bit of a spoilt kid but with lots of friends.

Daisy - a bit girly, a bit bookish too (Gatsby), I'd see her as being given a cutesy name and maybe babied by her parents but trying to grow up and fight their restrictions

Trinity - has religious connotations, maybe the daughter of Christians, nn Trini is her trying to break away from the religious association of her name and be a bit more accessible with it.

I think Benjamin nn Ben/Benjie works great for the brother, a keeper. With a classic name though, I'd give sister something fairly similar - Daisy's the closest fit out of all your options.

Other ideas:

Eloise
    Francesca
    Victoria
    Clara
    Harriet
    Madeleine

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I'd go for Noelle for the girl and definitely keep Benjamin.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I'm sort going for between preppy and girly. She has the friends, she has the cell phone....the mother gives them everything, let's them do pretty much anything....it's the dad that steps in and tells them no....that starts a big fight because the daughter and mother don't think the father has a right to parent because he's locked away in his office all the time. I love Daisy. I like Whitney, especially the idea of being named after Whitney Houston.

I'm glad Benjie is approved. It total fits the boy.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

I like Whitney... Going with the music theme, what about Mariah, Janet, Nina, Dionne, Diana, Lauryn, Roberta, or Mary? Just suggestions. Whitney seems right on point with what you want.