Names Searched Right Now:

Spelling of May-leen

I am thinking of May-leen as a middle name. This was the name of my grandmothers cat when I was a little girl and there are so many lovely memories of this kitty from my childhood and obviously my grandmother liked the name. I think the sound is pretty. I am wondering how you would spell it. Also I like a little twist on it , pronouncing it Maaah-elle-een with the first syllable more drawn out then the rest kind of like Hall-ow--een. I don't think I'd actually use it but am curious as to what you think of it and what kind of person you would imagine Maeline to be

I was thinking maybe Maeline or Mayline

Aria Maeline
    Sarah Maeline
    Gabriella Mayline
    Mommy to
    Noah William,
    Elianna (Ella) Beatrice and
    Joseph (Joss) Arthur

Sarah Maeline
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

Oh, Maleen! This is a favorite of mine from childhood because I adored the fairy tale Maid Maleen. Have you read it? Maleen is locked away in a tower for seven years, and when she finally breaks free, her kingdom has been destroyed. I used to love imagining what that was like. Anyway, I don't care for the drawn out pronunciation, I like may-leen. The Halloween type one sounds awkward. Spelling for me would be Maleen or Maeline is also pretty. I like Sarah Maeline from your list. Maleen feels dainty and fairy tale like to me, but that's because of where I know it from I'm sure.

I just looked it up, and SurLaLune says this:

"Maleen: The name might be a variation of Magdalene, as in Mary Magdalene. Magdalene comes from “of Magdala” and magdala, the name of the town, meant tower."

source: http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/m...een/index.html
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy