Spelling of May-leen

I am thinking of May-leen as a middle name. This was the name of my grandmothers cat when I was a little girl and there are so many lovely memories of this kitty from my childhood and obviously my grandmother liked the name. I think the sound is pretty. I am wondering how you would spell it. Also I like a little twist on it , pronouncing it Maaah-elle-een with the first syllable more drawn out then the rest kind of like Hall-ow--een. I don't think I'd actually use it but am curious as to what you think of it and what kind of person you would imagine Maeline to be

I was thinking maybe Maeline or Mayline

Aria Maeline
    Sarah Maeline
    Gabriella Mayline
    Mommy to
    Noah William,
    Eliana Beatrice and
    Joseph Arthur

Sarah Maeline
    Personal Favorites: Mira Cairdeas and Darrow Paine

Best Wishes To All

Oh, Maleen! This is a favorite of mine from childhood because I adored the fairy tale Maid Maleen. Have you read it? Maleen is locked away in a tower for seven years, and when she finally breaks free, her kingdom has been destroyed. I used to love imagining what that was like. Anyway, I don't care for the drawn out pronunciation, I like may-leen. The Halloween type one sounds awkward. Spelling for me would be Maleen or Maeline is also pretty. I like Sarah Maeline from your list. Maleen feels dainty and fairy tale like to me, but that's because of where I know it from I'm sure.

I just looked it up, and SurLaLune says this:

"Maleen: The name might be a variation of Magdalene, as in Mary Magdalene. Magdalene comes from “of Magdala” and magdala, the name of the town, meant tower."

source: http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/m...een/index.html
    Biαηcα ωiηifre∂ Sησω ● Lσreℓei Oη∂iηe ● Octαviα єoωƴη Sσℓ ● etrα Leσcα∂iα Siℓver ● Ƭɦisbe ωiℓ∂rσse
    Annika Evadne Felicity Pandora Sunniva Thora | Ceridwen Eilonwy Faraday Illyria Isabeau Kestrel Serafina Sophronia
    ●●● ●●● ●●●
    Dαmiαη Sραrrσω ● єvαηder Sσℓ ● Gwƴdiση Aℓαric Hαrt ● Mαℓαchi Ƭristαη Bjσrη ● hiηeαs Rσbiη Bℓαise
    Caspian Everett Konrad Oren Theodore | Calidore Ithuriel Ivanhoe Llyr Peregrine Ranier Rune Wilder Wolf

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Ludwig Beowulf Percival Raphael Orpheus Sylvan Clement Gilbert Thorin Gaspar Amaury Godfrey Peregrine Arthur Wesley Edmund Caspar Roscoe Emil Leon Robin Oberon Darcy Tristan Magnus Lucius Orlando Maximilian Erik
    Ottilie Melody Cecily Rosamund Seraphina Sunniva Charlotte Melisende Sonnet Heloise Melusina Amoret Bridget Freya Cressida Celestine Nimue Novella Gwenllian Avalon Beatrice Bradamante Marigold Eliska Aurora Cvita Elysia Helena Astraea Dorothea Rosaline Emilia Saskia