Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Favorite girl name out of the following?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makenna

8 10.53%
  • Adelyn

28 36.84%
  • Aderyn

2 2.63%
  • Adria

24 31.58%
  • Aricyn

0 0%
  • Avonlea

27 35.53%
  • Aryan

1 1.32%
  • Aerilyn

1 1.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Orion might be a spelling you could consider. Have you considered the names Acadia, Avalon, Alysanne or Amarei?
    ~Adelaide ~ Juniper ~ Josephine ~ Dorothy ~ Eleanora ~ Rosalind ~ Magnolia~
    ~Julian ~ Augustus ~ Edward ~ Frederick ~Everett ~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~

Ooh, Acadia -- I like that. Gonna add that to my list right now.

Sadly, the Nazi version of the word is pronounced exactly the way you want the name to be. I have heard of people having it as a name that weren't Nazis, but it's always seemed strange to me.

Ariana though is a completely legitimate name with no Nazi associations. And Aria.

Thanks for the quick history lesson and pronunciation guide. Just scratched that name off the list. We got stuck on "A" names because I absolutely ADORED "Adecyn" until it hit me a couple of days later that this was actually the super-popular Addison with a twisted spelling. We decided to see if we could go a little more unique. Hubby likes Avonlea, but I really can't get around the Anne of Green Gables association. Adeline is beautiful, but seems like it's becoming popular... and we don't want anything super-popular. I really like Arecyn as something pretty and unique, but hubby's not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    You should seriously consider nixing Aryan...too strong of a connection w/white supremecists. Otherwise, lovely choices.
    Agreed. And Aderyn sounds like adderall, the drug. Adria is a great name tho.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Lisandra, Silveria, Vitellia, Satyana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander or Evren, Caspian, Howell, Theron, Sander