Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I don't see why it would be "out there". London and Brooklyn are common names. The fact it's the name of a city isn't a turn off to the name, but the potential colon jokes (which have already begun) are.

I think it would make a beautiful, meaningful, honorific middle name. As a first name, as previous posters have said, I might think of ulcerative colitis. Anyone who hasn't had GI problems/isn't in a medical profession might never ever think of it, though, and it is a pretty sound, also reminds me of Cosima. I say use it, but really think about which spot you want it in.

I do have to agree with others that it sounds rather medical, but I think the meaning and history behind it are lovely, so if all that doesn't matter to you, you can still use it happily. Perhaps you could consider it as a middle?
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I grew up in a small Midwestern town and I got the pronunciation on the first try. I think it works, it is different but not out there. Plus the family significance is nice. Go for it! =-)
    Kelli
    Mama to Erickson Thomas Gunnar and Gabrielle Reese

I'm not a fan of the name, perhaps it's partly because it sounds so similar to colon but it could also be because I know one of the potential meanings includes the word "grandpa [= mountain]", which I don't care for in a girls name.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey