Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thank you for your input, Talia! The pronunciation would be Co "lee" ma instead of Kah "lee" ma. I agree, I wouldn't want to change the spelling. : )

Colima sounds like a disease to me. I think Colleen is similar, and works much better!
    ~Jessica
    Mama to one darling diva, Isabella Rae (2.6.09) and TTC #2!

Hello Jessica!

Thanks for your input. Colleen is probably a little too common for our liking and far less meaningful. Good suggestion, though!

I see what you mean about Colima being meaningful. I think family importance trumps how the name appeals to the ear, so if it really is important to you, go for it! My only suggestion (if you do go with it) is to have a common nickname behind it. Do you have any ideas?
    ~Jessica
    Mama to one darling diva, Isabella Rae (2.6.09) and TTC #2!

I am completely confused by the people who think Colima sounds like a disease. Maybe it's just because Colima has Spanish origins and most disease names have Latin origins and the two languages are similar? But I think if you live anywhere where there a decent number of Spanish speakers and Spanish place names, that won't be people's first, second, third, or fourth association. I live in California but am not Hispanic and the pronunciation is completely intuitive to me. There's a city here named Coloma, and another one named West Covina, so it should be a familiar sound to a lot of people.