Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Well, the first thing that came to mind was colitis, which definitely has a negative sound, but I'll be honest that I don't know exactly what it is -- some kind of disease maybe? BUT, that said, I love the sound of this name; I love that it has family meaning; and I love that it's unique. I say go for it. Anything other than that (including my original thought) is overthinking it, which I am guilty of as well. When people meet your little girl, NO ONE will say (or think) "Huh, that sounds like colitis." They'll say "What a beautiful name! And what a beautiful little girl!" Too much thinking.

Hahaha! Cathey, the "colon" reference did cross my mind. ; ) Again, chronic overthinker.

I love Colima! Especially since it is family related. She will have to correct people on how to say it but my name is Tiffany and it's sad how common it is. I'd rather have a unique name like that!

While I like the sound, looking at it written out kind of reminds me of a prescription medicine or a virus. If it was spelled Kalema or something, I don't think those associations would be there to me (but I am not in favor of changing name spellings like that, because it would strip the history).

I grew up with a fairly common name as well, Tiffany! That's partly why I'm searching to find something a little more unique and meaningful (as I'm sure a lot of us are.) I just hope I'm not reaching too far.