Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of the name....

Rafe

I have absolutely loved this name ever since I saw Pearl Harbor back in 2001. I had never heard it before and I think it sounds so handsome. I don't like Rafferty or Ralph as long form names, just Rafe as it is. The problem is that every time I mention the name to someone they make me repeat myself and say, "It sounds like rape!" I always tell my family to be prepared to dislike my future kids names because my taste is so different then all of theirs. lol. I really love the name but I'm so worried that if I ever had a son named Rafe he would get made fun of. What do you think? Do you like the name Rafe? Would the possibility of being misheard as "rape" stop you from using the name? Thanks for your thoughts!

My sister and I both love the name Rafe, but it is very similar to "rape". My sister still has it on her list though.
    Madison McKenzie

Leonidas Mercer (Leos), Prescott Wolfram, William Lawrence, Abram Athens, Henry Frederic, Thomas Dresden, Aleksander Jerusalem, Christopher Holden, Jonathon Day, Vincent Rory, Louis Rial, Carson Noah

Eleonora Magdalena, Vera November, Ivana Colette, Emilia Isobel, Alivia Marigold, Eliza Annika, Leola Ethel, Cecelia Jane, Romilly Elliana, Loretta Maeve, McKenna Addison

Guilty Pleasures: Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

It's also a nn for Raphael, along w/Rafa. I would never associate rape w/Rafe.

I wouldn't associate Rafe with rape either! But if you can any doubts, look for an alternative.. I met a toddler last year named Reef, I hadn't heard that as a first name before.
    Eliza Audrey | Eamon Reid
    Amalia Hazel | Leo Benjamin
    Freya Madeleine | Ronan Seth

To be perfectly honest, that's what would stop me from using it, although it is appealing on paper. Also I've gotten the impression that in Britain, Rafe is, or at least used to be, considered a very pretentious and snobby pronunciation of Ralph; can any Britberries shed light on that?