Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lugo?

Lugo?

-- not expecting --

Hey berries!

Last week I walked a section of the Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage that ends in Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain. It was a wonderful experience, and I know I'll be back one day to walk even more of it. We went through the province of Lugo (which is also a city and municipality of the same name), and it immediately jumped out at me as a name! Lugo is pronounced like Hugo but with an L and is reminiscent of Luke, Luca, Luther...thoughts? Could this be a subtle place name? Or too easily confused with Hugo/Luke? Better used as a middle name?

Some combos that struck me -- using family names/names of significance -- are:

Lugo Robinson Leif
    Lugo Finn Alexander
    Lugo Everett Benson
    Lugo Matthias Cloud

Any combos that come to mind?

Thank you!--Kay
    Kay, a 20-something name addict

For a little Lionheart:
    Ingrid -- Lily

For a little King:
    Axel -- Matthias -- Felix

I actually really like Lugo! I think there's potential for a great new place name here! I like how it is sort of a blend of Hugo and Luke/Luca. It would also make a really cool middle name! From your combos - I love Lugo Robinson Leif and Lugo Matthias Cloud
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14[/B] :D
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

♂ [COLOR="#FF0000"]Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*[/COLOR]
    ♀ [COLOR="#0099cc"]Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*[/COLOR]

*See my whole lists here: [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/55067"][COLOR="#FF0000"]Boys[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/61060"][COLOR="#0099cc"]Girls[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

I like it! It's cool : ) I like Lugo Matthias Finn, and Lugo Robinson Cloud.
    Cricket Casimir Remy Wolfgang Otto Nightingale Fox Peregrine

Sylvie Dandelion Liesl Buttercup Phoebe Sunshine Rosemary Newt

Blanchefleur Innogen Maguelonne Edelweiss Dart Leodegraunce Cosmos

Lugo Robinson Leif is amazing. I also like Ludo, which is very similar - I think Lugo reminds me a bit of Lego, but it's very cool all the same (and lovely for the significance)

It conjured some negative images for me...Lug...Luggo...makes me think big dumb brute/bully...and reminds me of old cartoons I saw as a kid w/such a character. I want to like it--and probably most people won't make these associations.