Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lugo?

Lugo?

-- not expecting --

Hey berries!

Last week I walked a section of the Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage that ends in Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain. It was a wonderful experience, and I know I'll be back one day to walk even more of it. We went through the province of Lugo (which is also a city and municipality of the same name), and it immediately jumped out at me as a name! Lugo is pronounced like Hugo but with an L and is reminiscent of Luke, Luca, Luther...thoughts? Could this be a subtle place name? Or too easily confused with Hugo/Luke? Better used as a middle name?

Some combos that struck me -- using family names/names of significance -- are:

Lugo Robinson Leif
    Lugo Finn Alexander
    Lugo Everett Benson
    Lugo Matthias Cloud

Any combos that come to mind?

Thank you!--Kay
    Kay, a 20-something name addict

For a little Lionheart:
    Ingrid -- Lily

For a little King:
    Axel -- Matthias -- Felix

I actually really like Lugo! I think there's potential for a great new place name here! I like how it is sort of a blend of Hugo and Luke/Luca. It would also make a really cool middle name! From your combos - I love Lugo Robinson Leif and Lugo Matthias Cloud
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Tobias † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Emmet † Jasper † Harry † Hugh † Theo † Jay*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

I like it! It's cool : ) I like Lugo Matthias Finn, and Lugo Robinson Cloud.
    Jude Marius-Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-William Christian-Damian Joachim

Genevieve Reine-Caterina Lourdes-Madeleine Neve

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Hermione-Balthasar-Noel-Arthur-Percy-Leonard

Lugo Robinson Leif is amazing. I also like Ludo, which is very similar - I think Lugo reminds me a bit of Lego, but it's very cool all the same (and lovely for the significance)

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

It conjured some negative images for me...Lug...Luggo...makes me think big dumb brute/bully...and reminds me of old cartoons I saw as a kid w/such a character. I want to like it--and probably most people won't make these associations.