Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Names for Sword-Wielding Angels

Hi, everyone. I'm back. I know, I know, I was gone for forever. I'm sure you all missed me terribly. (No, I'm not being narcissistic. I'm being sarcastic.)
    Anyways, I've been super busy with a manuscript, and pitching to agents (I know, crazy, right???) and that sort of thing. But I'm back.
    I need your help!
    I'm writing a short story about these warrior angels, and I need some help with names. Here are the protagonists:

#1-Female, straight, waist-length black hair with electric blue streaks. Ferocious, sardonic, cool in an untouchable sort of way. The leader. Has silver wings that shimmer blue. Can shapeshift into a dragon. (I know, you didn't see that one coming. I hope.) Around 17 years old.

#2-Male. Same age as #1. Shaggy brown hair with gold and copper streaks. Funny and lovable, but fiercely loyal. If you threaten his friends, he will kill you. Cannot shapeshift, but is good with a bow.

#3-Female. 10 years old. Frizzy brown hair. Sweet but devious. Too clever for her age. Shapeshifts into a griffin.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

#1 Cressida It sounds majestic, just like her and sort of "dragony"
    #2 He sounds like a Leo. I know it seems "modern", but it is quite old and has celestial meaning.
    #3 I think Samaria would fit her

#1-Female, straight, waist-length black hair with electric blue streaks. Ferocious, sardonic, cool in an untouchable sort of way. The leader. Has silver wings that shimmer blue. Can shapeshift into a dragon. (I know, you didn't see that one coming. I hope.) Around 17 years old.
    I agree with wryter, Cressida would be quite stunning. Other suggestions: Demelza, Cosima, Zola, Helmi, Hespera, Ghislaine

#2-Male. Same age as #1. Shaggy brown hair with gold and copper streaks. Funny and lovable, but fiercely loyal. If you threaten his friends, he will kill you. Cannot shapeshift, but is good with a bow.
    Suggestions: Cedd (like the saint), Didier, Cy, Baltazar

#3-Female. 10 years old. Frizzy brown hair. Sweet but devious. Too clever for her age. Shapeshifts into a griffin.
    Suggestions: Gardenia, Heloise, Arlette, Delphine, Calla, Maris

1.Jill, Juliet, Layla.
    2.Jack, Macario nn mac, Mai.
    3.Mabel, Carmel, Jen

1. Cyra (my favorite female name, pronounced SY-ra). Really like Cressida, Nova, Tabitha, Rowena, Nerys.
    2. Quillan, Avery, Teague, Orion.
    3. Cleo, Thea (full name could be Theodosia, which sounds a little more bookish than Theodora), Calla, Phoebe, Poppy, Isla.

Congrats on looking for agents and working on your manuscript. I always write 20 pages and then stop, forevermore wistfully looking back on what could have been. *cough* so, anyway.