Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aeryk?

Hybrid View

Aeryk?

I was volunteering at my church's nursery for the toddlers today during the service, and I saw a little boy with a name tag that read Aeryk. When his mother came to pick him up, I find out it is pronounced just like Eric. I cringed when I saw Aeryk on the name tag. Poor child. What do you think of the name?
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

I figured that was the pronunciation but feel really sorry for that poor little boy. I'm sure his parents had their reasons, but I'm guessing most people (like me) will never appreciate them.

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    In my accent, "Aer" and "Er" in Aeryk and Eric would be said differently, the latter is a much shorter sound. So Aeryk is strange to me. I like Eric and Erik better.
    Delilah CelesteAveline Ruth Winter FaySilas Alaric Fabian Seth Lucian Ezra

Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.

Quote Originally Posted by amberdaydream View Post
    In my accent, "Aer" and "Er" in Aeryk and Eric would be said differently, the latter is a much shorter sound. So Aeryk is strange to me. I like Eric and Erik better.
    Same here, Aeryk would be air-ick to me and Eric more like Eh-rick, the traditional spelling would have a much shorter sound. I guessed the parents were trying to get at Eric but the A at the start changes the pronunciation completely for me.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Aeryk would be air-ick to me and Eric more like Eh-rick, the traditional spelling would have a much shorter sound. I guessed the parents were trying to get at Eric but the A at the start changes the pronunciation completely for me.
    I agree with essjay.