Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=babtr1ll;2073694]@bailibsmum - Thankyou for your suggestions - I particularly liked Arthur and Theodore (Theo is another one I love, but my husband doesn't much like the long form). Also, I'd never really thought about nicknames for Arthur, so thanks for that. Not quite sure about Archie, but it's got me thinking! I agree, Archie and Alfie/Bertie is cute, but not too keen on two names beginning with the same letter :/

Yes i thought of that with the same letter.. and if not a fan of the full form plenty of people use theo.. If not Alfred why not bertram that can have a bertie nickname.. ) xx

naming is soo hard.. im trying to come up with name ideas and im stumped.. xx
    Dani mum to lil stunner Bailey (5) & mini minx Liberty (3)
    ↓ Future names ↓
    Kairi Peyton (contemplating 2nd middle name)
    Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan

@bailibsmum - Bertram is actually quite cool! Again, not sure would my husband would think - I'll have to ask him!
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Alasdair † Conan † Gregor † Henry † Hugo † Jasper † Lionel † Phineas † Reuben † Sebastian † Zachary*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Helena ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

Arthur is an ancient name of great depth and majesty so I think something similar is in order for his twin. From your list, I think these have the history to match Arthur's.

Sebastien
    Leo
    Lucian
    Jude
    Frederick

I would eliminate...

Finley - too unisex and childish for Arthur's twin
    Cosmo - sounds like a dog's name
    Clancy - too surnamey and cutesy
    Robin - doesn't have the chops
    Jasper - similar ending to Arthur

Other Suggestions

Alfred - if you don't mind the shared initial
    Walter
    George
    Harold
    Louis
    Laurence/Lawrence
    Joseph
    James
    Francis
    Edmund
    Calvin
    Gregory
    Felix
    Linus
    Benedict
    Charles
    Franklin
    Isaac
    Timothy
    Wesley
    Vincent
    Silas
    Ivan
    All the best,
    Mischa.

@mischa - Thankyou very much, I completely agree that Arthur is a name full of history. I know exactly what you mean about Finley being too childish, but I wouldn't dream of using it on a girl, so it doesn't seem unisex to me. As for your suggestions, I'm not really a fan of two boys with the same initials, so Alfred's out as a first, but I do like it - so maybe the middle spot? From the others, I particularly like Edmund, Felix, Silas and Ivan. Thankyou
    Last edited by babtr1ll; September 22nd, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Alasdair † Conan † Gregor † Henry † Hugo † Jasper † Lionel † Phineas † Reuben † Sebastian † Zachary*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Helena ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

I like Arthur and James, Arthur and Henry and Arthur and Louis (if pronounced louie not lewis). They just seem classy to me.