Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation A name for Arthur's twin!

So, it's decided. The first born twin is DEFINITELY going to be named Arthur. We haven't quite decided on middles - but my favourite so far is Arthur Florian (Or Arthur Florian Edward, depending on how many names we go for!) However, Arthur will also have a twin brother, and he doesn't yet have a name! We have a few front-runners but could do with some more to consider - any suggestions welcome!

Finley
    Cosmo
    Sebastien
    Leo
    Clancy
    Lucian
    Robin
    Jude
    Jasper
    Frederick

*UPDATE*

It's now between Jude and Frederick for the first name, and any of the following names for middles:

Robin - My current favourite for a middle - can't be used as a first because our surname begins with the 'R' sound
    Leo - Still a lovely name!
    Lucian - My husband's favourite for a middle, and it is very handsome! (Pronounced "Loo-see-an" for us)
    Jude - I think this fits best with our surname, but if we went with Frederick, this would be in the middle.
    Frederick - Doesn't sound as good as Jude with our surname, but I really do love it. Again, would go in the middle if we went for Jude.

What do you think? Any combination suggestions? My favourite so far is probably Jude Robin Frederick - any thoughts?
    Last edited by babtr1ll; September 29th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Tobias † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Emmet † Jasper † Harry † Hugh † Theo † Jay*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

You have excellent taste! I'm not expecting, just planning but I have spent a long time perfecting what I (and my boyfriend, but of course I get first say ) would name twins and I know for sure twin boys would be Arthur and Jude so I'm delighted to see it on your list, they go so well together!

I also like Leo, Sebastian, Finley and Frederick off your list but Jude would definitely be front-runner for me!

Other suggestions: Robert, Eli, Jake, Oliver. Sorry I don't have too many but you have a fine list of your own!

Congratulations on the twin boys and good luck with your naming efforts! I'm sure you'll do excellently

PS - nice to meet a fellow UK berry!
    Steph, writer and name-enthusiast - hoping to be a mum in the not too distant future

CURRENT FRONT RUNNERS

Arthur Anthony

Ivy Suzanne

OTHER LOVES

~ Isaac ~ Declan ~ Jude ~ Henry ~ Oliver ~ Gabriel ~ Wyatt ~

~ Azalea ~ Imogen ~ Faye ~ Isabelle ~ Harriet ~ Ottilie ~ Leah ~ Esme ~

I'm a UK berry too! When I first saw the thread the names that came into my head were Leopold and Rafferty, not sure why but they were my instincts. Out of your list I like Cosmo, Jasper and Frederick. X
    Milisende/Melisende Daisy & Ozias Bear
    Lolita Margot/Myrtle & Oscar Milton
    Eulalie Della & Zephyr

The very first names that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread were Edward and Frederick! But I see that Edward might be a middle, and that you already have Frederick on your list! I absolutely love and adore Arthur and Frederick together - they have the same sort of feel about them, they compliment each other perfectly without being matchey at all. For me, Frederick is head and shoulders above the other names on your list (though your list is lovely).

Other suggestions for you:
    Arthur and Simon
    Arthur and Patrick
    Arthur and Henry
    Arthur and Gideon
    Arthur and Winston
    Arthur and Edmund
    Arthur and Theodore

Best of luck to you!

@stephaniiie - Thankyou very much! It seems as though we think along the same lines in terms of baby names! I've always loved Arthur, but Jude is a new name for me, and it's growing on me. I do think Arthur and Jude would make a handsome pair. From your suggestions, Eli jumped out - I think it's a very simple, beautiful name and not too common either. Thankyou for the congrats, and also very nice to meet another "UK-er"!

@hanbow - Hello! Three UK berries, how exciting! Leopold is interesting, as I've always liked Leo, but wasn't sure about long names. Not as keen on Rafferty, but thanks for the suggestion. I too really love Cosmo - one of my favourite combos so far is Finley Cosmo!
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Tobias † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Emmet † Jasper † Harry † Hugh † Theo † Jay*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls