Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafty

Not even close to being a mom but I have crocheted baby blankets for so many friends/family members kids it's not even funny. I think I've made 15+ in the last several years. I also painted letters for my cousin's baby girl to match her bedding. It was a semi-surprise, since my cousin had told me she wanted the letters and linked me to the bedding but then never mentioned it again, so I went ahead with it and gave them to her at the baby shower as a gift... right after she told me she had changed her mind and was thinking about a canvas instead! As soon as she saw them she fell in love though. They're right above her daughter's crib I also have a friend who used the blanket I made for her son's newborn shoot, I was so honored!

Right now I'm working on a Christmas stocking for my cousin's daughter. Our grandmother taught me how to crochet and she had made all of us knitted stockings for her mantle at Christmas... unfortunately she passed away 3 years ago so it's up to me to continue the tradition! I'm teaching myself to knit with the help of my godmother so hopefully it will be done and look decent by Christmas. About halfway there!
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose

Right now I'm working on my daughter's (2) Halloween costumes. I'll likely make dresses for her for thanksgiving and Christmas, too!

I also enjoy scrapbooking, but haven't gotten the chance in a while.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Lots of crafty people here, I used to make jewellery but have recently not had time so am trying to master crocheting, knitting and card making.

Charlieandperry1: your blocks sound amazing, and I'd love to see you personalised prints.

Greyer: Stockings I'm very impressed, I'd love to do someone like that. Me and middle sister have knitted stockings with our names on them but my youngest sister doesn't because the lady stopped knitting them - I'd love to make her one. My crochet blankets is awave one, I'm also attempting a granny square one.

Leadmythoughts: I've never tried scrap booking, what's her Halloween costume? I made a spider costume a few years ago and always fancied making a hungry caterpillar costume - I started it once but didn't finish it.

Tulitree and Sarahmezz: my youngest sister had recently started cross stitching, so I'm hopefull she cross stitch something for baby being born

My mums just suggested having a handmade Christmas this year as baby's due in March so ill need to get my thinking cap on what to make my dad.
    Expecting our first child March 2014

Currently mummy to Freya Cat my feline friend

I love crafts, but I almost never get time to make anything once school starts. Currently, I'm production designing a thesis film that takes place in a kitschy house, so I get to do lots of crafts for that one! My plan is to make really pretty things for the set and then bring them home once shooting is over to beautify my rather bare apartment. I'd actually love some suggestions--anyone know any good kitschy house crafts?
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

Haha, her costume is the very hungry caterpillar! Except a Girly princess version, so striped green tutu, and making the face on a hat.

I'm also making her a sheep costume with lots of cotton fluff.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13