Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: P.J.?

No. Totally weird, in a bad way.

I agree with the previous posters- giving initials for a whole name isn't really fair to the kid.

My dentist's name is P.J. and when I was in my teens I finally asked him what it stands for. It's Pierre-Jean You don't have to go with something super conventional like Peter John, though. If you'd call him P.J. all the time, you really could get away with something more eccentric.
    Lucia
    Seraphine, Jemima, Leonor, Seffora, Eulalia
    Edmund, Marius, Joscelin, Earnest, Caspar

I know a guy in his early 20s whose name is P.J., he's a hockey player at his university. I think his name fits him perfectly. He's friendly, funny, and down to earth. So I'm all for his name and also initials as first names.

Children deserve to be named properly. I don't think initials are a good choice. Personally, I would think the parents were either too lazy or indifferent that they couldn't bother to come up with two names for a human being. Every child deserves respect and naming them is an important job for every parent. I would advise you to take it seriously (and that doesn't mean to name a child Pyjamas instead).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Children deserve to be named properly. I don't think initials are a good choice. Personally, I would think the parents were either too lazy or indifferent that they couldn't bother to come up with two names for a human being. Every child deserves respect and naming them is an important job for every parent. I would advise you to take it seriously (and that doesn't mean to name a child Pyjamas instead).
    I wish this person would write this comment on names that actually are bad, for example, a few threads under this one someone wants to name their kid Pendragon, If I was a guy, I'd rather have the name PJ! If people think the name means Pajama's then what's wrong with that? Pajamas are comfy! If my name was Pendragon, they'd call me a fire breathing dragon and I'd hate that.