Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clementine? Due in 8 weeks!

Hello! I have only started on other thread on here about a year and a half ago when I was pregnant with my first baby girl. And it was also titled with the name Clementine!

Clementine was at the top of our list, as it is now, but we decided our little girl to be a Violet Mae.

My husband is on board and loves the name. I love the name. We thought we were decided on the name. And as it is edging closer to the due date, I'm starting to have reservations... again.

I don't know what it is. I love the name in print, love how it sounds, but a part of me thinks it might be too cutesy or something. I don't quite get it.

I would just like some fresh ideas and new names thrown out there to add to the mix. No flower, color, or V names.

The only other names that I can think of as possibilities are Beatrix/Beatrice and Eloise.

Also, some help on middle names for Clementine would be greatly appreciated, as well!!!

Thanks so much!!!

I absolutely love Clementine and believe you should stick with it. Clementine Beatrice is lovely, btw.
    NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future journalist.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Cora, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Rose, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt

Well...

I love Clementine, but there's a reason you didn't use it last time and that you are not sure again, and I think that's probably a sign that subconsciously you don't feel it's 'right'. I also think that it's probably best avoided with Violet because it's very nearly a colour.

I would go for Beatrix, I think that's wonderful with Violet. But I also love these with Violet for a sibling:

Imogen
    Sylvia/Sylvie
    Clara
    Cora
    Maude
    Marnie
    Evelyn

There's obviously a draw back to Clementine every time so I'd stick with that or you may regret not using it. Some middle name ideas are:
    Clementine Dahlia
    Clementine Rachel
    Clementine Helena
    Clementine Ruth
    Clementine Aries
    Clementine Rae

X
    Eulalie (Ireland) Della
    Stella Peony
    Halcyon
    January
    *Margot Evening*

Osias Bear
    Thoren Balthazar
    Larkin
    *Pyramus James*

*= GP
    Feel free to suggest X

Clementine...I honestly do not understand what all the love going toward Clementine is for. It is just awkward in a way, and I cannot see it on a grown woman. If I had to choose one of your possibilities, it would be Beatrix.

Here are a few suggestions of my own:
    Lily (Lily and Violet are so cute together!)
    Jane
    Charlotte
    Elizabeth
    Anna
    Amelia
    Tess/Tessa
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014