Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jobe vs Jude

I like Job, but I agree that people might have a hard time pronouncing it.

I think Jude is a great and usable name!

What about Jove?
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah83 View Post
    No offense, but both are books of the Bible, so I'm not sure how one could be more of a biblical association than the other.
    Because, as others pointed out before me, Jude has more modern associations as well, so the biblical one isn't quite as overbearing. IMO.

(Not that you aren't right for calling me out! My knowledge of the Bible is limited. But that is my only association for Job, whereas Jude makes me think of the Beatles, Jude Law, and the Bible, prob in that order. Job Marcellus is super handsome for what it's worth!)
    Last edited by emsky; September 23rd, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post
    Because, as others pointed out before me, Jude has more modern associations as well, so the biblical one isn't quite as overbearing. IMO.

(Not that you aren't right for calling me out! My knowledge of the Bible is limited. But that is my only association for Job, whereas Jude makes me think of the Beatles, Jude Law, and the Bible, prob in that order. Job Marcellus is super handsome for what it's worth!)
    Makes sense!

And, thanks! We love it. Marcellus is for a beloved family member who passed away, and we liked the short then long of the two names together. I'm hoping to bring Job back with positive associations. hehe.
    Mommy to:

Amaré Elyse . Her name is the present infinitive of "to love" in Latin, and we pronounce it Am-uh-RAY.

Job Marcellus. We call him Joby.