Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ansel and Linus

I really like Ansel and I think that's a cool way to honor your dad. I'm afraid that the An...us thing would occur to me eventually, but I'm not a big fan of Linus anyway.

I'd like Ansel Frederick best, but Ansel William is cool too.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

If it helps, we'd probably end up using Linus first. Linus and Ansel?
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

"I like Ansel, but when i see "Ansel & Linus" together my brain sort of jumps straight from the An to the us....which isn't a good thing. I feel like if i knew brothers named this in real life i would accidentally call them Anus and Linsel one day."

This exact same thing happened to me when I first read the post! So you're not alone. Something about seeing them together immediately made me see the yucky word. I'd def want to be careful w/ two brothers with those names. That said, don't think anything wrong with the names on their own. Ansel is really not my style though but I think it's nice it has such special meaning for you.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I like both Linus and Ansel. They look and sound good together. Linus Frederick and Ansel William would be my picks for combos. As far as the "anus" issue is concerned, how often would you be writing their names together on a page or saying their names aloud anyway?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

That's true and there's no guarantee we'll have two boys back-to-back so it'd probably be something like Linus, Josie, and Ansel.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey