Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ifan?

Ifan?

Ifan, the welsh form of John, is one of my favorites. Is it too weird for the US?
    Plenty of novel babies but no real ones for a few more years.
    Currently loving on:
    Siobhan, Eleanor, Catherine, Bridget, Lenore, Matilda, Adelaide, Cosima, Genevieve
    Arthur, William, Percival, Spencer, Henry, Felix, Nathaniel, Gatsby, Holden, Miles
    Fur baby: Roger

I don't really care for it. Do you like Ivan? Ivan is growing on me. There's also Jonah, Johnson, Evan, Devon, Evander, & Joel. Sorry to shoot down Ifan. Could be how strongly American-ized I am, but Ifan looks odd in regards to the letters. Again, maybe just me.

It does look odd, but I still love it. I hate Ivan, it was the name of a person I really hated in high school and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I do like Evan, and Jonah, but the others I really dislike except Devon. But Devon wouldn't be on my list, I know too many.
    Plenty of novel babies but no real ones for a few more years.
    Currently loving on:
    Siobhan, Eleanor, Catherine, Bridget, Lenore, Matilda, Adelaide, Cosima, Genevieve
    Arthur, William, Percival, Spencer, Henry, Felix, Nathaniel, Gatsby, Holden, Miles
    Fur baby: Roger

It's not my style, I prefer the Ivan spelling, I would be tempted to pronounce this as i-FAN or if-AN instead of I-fan
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

My first impression was 'a fan of Apple products?'