Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Nettle is cute, and I love the meaning it has for you!

From your list, I like Nettle Philippa, Nettle Niamh, and Nettle Genevieve.

Nettle Sybella / Nettle Sibylla
    Nettle Betony
    Nettle Theodora
    Nettle Alethea
    Nettle Bellicent
    Nettle Mariposa
    Nettle Gwyneira
    Nettle Rosamund
    Nettle Cecile
    Nettle Helena
    Nettle Coretta

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I'm sorry but I need to say this. You've got Goldenrod on your first name list and you're wondering if ARWEN is too out there for a middle name? Arwen's a completely normal name, Goldenrod sounds like an award given to skilled adult movie actors.
    LOL!!! I'm sorry, but the Goldenrod comment was hilarious.

I'm actually naming DD2 Arwen, so I consider it usable. Though with a unique name like Nettle, I'd usually recommend a more "normal" middle name so the child has another option in case they don't like their first name (I'm using either Rose or Violet as a MN for Arwen). From your list I really like Scarlett and Genevieve.

Since you specifically asked for magical names though, I'll share some of my favorites:

Hermione
    Aurora
    Ariadne
    Lyra
    Luna
    Andromeda
    Freya
    Cassandra
    Elara
    Eleri
    Serena

EDITED to add:

I just thought of another -- Maeve! The name of the Irish Fairy Queen! Fits your naming style perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I'm sorry but I need to say this. You've got Goldenrod on your first name list and you're wondering if ARWEN is too out there for a middle name? Arwen's a completely normal name, Goldenrod sounds like an award given to skilled adult movie actors.

I think Nettle Niamh and Nettle Ceridwen would be beautiful options. I really like your Nettle story, it sounds like it is very significant to you, and it's a lovely plant. I know people with Nettle as a surname so I would choose something feminine in the middle.

Nettle Marzanna (Slavic mythology, Goddess of the dead and winter)
    Nettle Aine (Irish Goddess of Midsummer and the sun)
    Nettle Titania (the queen of the faeries )
    Nettle Cicely (too much nature? Cicely's also queen of the elves in The Faerie Queene)
    Nettle Albinia (Etruscan Goddess of the dawn)
    Nettle Cressida (Cressida's so feminine and I like that it reminds of watercress next to Nettle)
    Nettle Belladonna (too much? But it's fabulous....)
    Nettle Rusalka (Slavic mermaid/nymph)
    Nettle Melusine (an other worldly creature, mermaidesque)
    Nettle Elfreda (elf strength!)
    Nettle Florisdelfa (an enchantress in Arthurian romances...)
    Nettle Godiva (the lady who rode naked through Coventry...)
    Lol on the Goldenrod comment. I think the issue with Arwen is the same issue I have with Hermione. I love both names dearly, but they are heavily associated with specific characters from popular series with huge followings. It's hard to imagine the name on anyone else. Like Yoko and Madonna, kwim?

Anyways...
    Nettle Marzanna - ooh I like. I do wish I knew more about Slavic mythology. I'm studying Norse right now.
    Nettle Aine - love this. Hubby vetoed Aine with Juniper though, so I'm not sure how he would feel about it.
    Nettle Titania - I played Titania when I was in high school. The guy who played Oberon would call me "Titan titties". Can't get over that association.
    Nettle Cicely - I like it.
    Nettle Albinia - I'm always curious on the correct pronunciation of this. Does it rhyme with Lavinia?
    Nettle Cressida - this keeps going on and off of the list. On one hand, it is lively and fresh. On the other, my husband says it reminds him of an old creepy cat lady.
    Nettle Belladonna - I grow my own belladonna as a sleep aid. It has the same problem as Cressida though and was already vetoed as a FN.
    Nettle Rusalka - Ru-Saul-Kah? Am I pronouncing this right? I like it.
    Nettle Melusine - like
    Nettle Elfreda - lol I actually really like it and the meaning is fun. Tim will probably think it's a joke if I suggest it, but we shall see.
    Nettle Florisdelfa - while I do like it, it feels a little "too much".
    Nettle Godiva - a very interesting character. Now I am craving chocolate:grin:
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

Nettle Aurelia - I LOVE Aurelia.
    Nettle Arianrhod - I actually really like the feel of this. It's pronounced Arian-rode right?
    Nettle Ayelet - I'm iffy on how I feel abou Ayelet.
    Nettle Amaya/Amaia - nms
    Nettle Delphine - ooh I like how this flows
    Nettle Marina - this makes me think of The Little Mermaid (the anime version) that is much closer to the original story. In not sure if this is a good or bad association.
    Nettle Morrigan - too close to another relatives name. I have a cousin with a little girl names Muirgen.
    Nettle Rosamund - love. Probably my 2nd favorite Rose name.
    Nettle Sephora - oooohhh this actually used to be a FN contender (along with Zipporah)
    Nettle Silvia - I prefer Sylvie
    Nettle Viola - my dad has a sister named this and she is an evil old bat. Not someone I want to honor. It's a lovely name though.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

I just have to say I have an obsession with the name Thistle! But, I'm saving it for my next cat :-)
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*