Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer: Archer, Sebastian, or Oliver?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Archer Douglass G.

20 40.82%
  • Sebastian Douglass G.

13 26.53%
  • Oliver Douglass G.

16 32.65%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Archer, Sebastian, or Oliver

We had previously settled on Archer for baby #2 but husband is not sold. Please let me know which you prefer. Big brother is Rowan Michael and our last name is Scottish/English and starts with a G. Thanks!

Is your surname a hard or soft G? I think Oliver and Sebastian are "natural" brothers - for each other. Archer would probably be the best "fit" for Rowan's brother but if you DH isn't digging it, then give it a pass. I like the subtle tree connection between Rowan and Oliver so that would be my first pick. Rowan and Sebastian end in "an" so that's not ideal.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

When I was pregnant with our third, I loved Theodore and Sebastian but DH didn't like either of those. With a month to go, I suggested Archer. Husband agreed but was not sold 100% until we were in the delivery room. Our Archer is two now, we call him Archie as a nn, (we've had a ton of compliments on his name) and DH reluctantly agrees now that it was a great choice!

Good luck!

Our surname is a hard G beginning sounds like great. Archer is my favorite. My husband likes Oliver best, he is ok with Archer but doesn't love it. I think Sebastian is out.

Oliver sounds best with Douglass; in fact, it truly sounds great.