Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Similar in sound to Phoenix: Lennox, Felix, Hendrix....

I'm not really sure what names fall into the same style category. But for whatever reason I thought of Cruz and Kai. These are all maybe trendier though than you're looking for.

I do like Cruz, thanks for the suggestion..but our surname is only one sylable, so first name would need to be multiple (pet peeve!)
    Mommy to one little prince (Gavin Miller)

Hoping to TTC #2 sometime in the near future w/ my wonderful fiancé.

Phoenix Wright is a protagonist in a pretty popular videogame where he's a lawyer and catchphrase is screaming OBJECTION and there's tons of fan-art of it, so I wouldn't have been cool with that despite liking the name Phoenix.

Fox is my favourite similar sounding name but doesn't sound right with a one syllable last.

What about other mythological animals, like Griffin/Gryphon or Fenris? Griffin Wright sounds manly and strong. Fenris is not THAT far off Phoenix...?

Duncan is quite likable. Duncan Wright has a good sound.

Duncan is a great, classic Celtic name... although in the US, the Dunkin Donuts association is unavoidable (mind you, there could be worse associations lol)

Phoenix is nice.

I do like the suggestion of Griffin, although not sure yet if we are fans of alliteration, kind of 50/50 on that at the moment (1st child = Gavin)
    Mommy to one little prince (Gavin Miller)

Hoping to TTC #2 sometime in the near future w/ my wonderful fiancé.