Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    interesting, i have a similar "issue" with names starting with Sol-. i think since yours is the last syllable, you can do two names ending in -air without having them sound too similar! i, on the other hand, feel like i have to decide for whichever name starting with Sol- i like best, because once i use it, all the others will be out forever.

Aries comes to mind, although i'm not a fan personally. i love Ariel, not sure if that is the exact same sound though.
    i also like Alistair a lot in its various spellings.

I like Aries. A lot lately, actually beginning to love Aries!
    Ivair isn't really my taste. I don't mind Ivan. I almost like Ivan now.
    There is always Clarence and Claremont. I am undecided on these but almost like Claremont.
    There is Blaire, but I never liked this. Just know of those and Alistair which was already mentioned.

I vote Altair... because it's one of the brightest stars in the night sky.
    I got excited when I saw someone else wanted to use it as I have been really into astronomy lately and have been trying to figure out which of the stars in the night sky is the most usable name.
    There's also Alnair which is similar enough

If they're both middle names, I don't think it's an issue at all really. I think they're both very cool names. I'm with you too. I like way too many AIR names >.<

Here's some Air names I like:

Adair -- even though I think more girls are using it
    Alaire -- love that it means joyful
    Alistair -- I like way to many Alexander and the like names
    Baird -- I love that it means poet
    Bairn -- I know it means child but it's neat. I hear the little Scotty dog in Lady and the Tramp "They're expecting a wee bairn" ^_^
    Clotaire -- glorious strength
    Fairfax -- this is more GP but isn't it neat?
    Kairava -- means lotus. It's just cool!
    Voltaire -- <3 -- I got Cody to agree to use this one too (and in the first name spot!)
    Zaire
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    Also, is it a bit strange if Ivair is a homophone with hiver, the French word for winter? I think it's quite a nice connection.
    Not strange - awesome! This makes me like it even more.

I love Altair, Voltaire & Fairfax.