Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's the Stupidest Real Name You've Ever Heard?

Something that's actually a word or was used a long time ago, but wouldn't work now?

I hate Mocha, Banjo, and Guitar...
    Raevyn, a teenberry.
    [I will include GPs in my replies without saying so, especially in the Games forum.
    Agnes, Elsa "Elsie", Astoria, Miranda, Priscilla, Wilhelmina

Finn, Sam, Augustus "Gus", Todd, Oliver, Thorne

And my Ultimate Guilty Pleasures...
    Sunday and Cove

I like word names. Two of my top names are November & Lavender...

I don't think any names are "stupid". Obviously a lot aren't my style. Made up names aren't stupid per say, they just don't suit my taste. I do question parents who choose names that I find unappealing or trashy, though.

I also like a lot of names that were used a long time ago like Athena.
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

I also like word names, just not especially weird ones. Lavender is one of my favorites, too!
    Raevyn, a teenberry.
    [I will include GPs in my replies without saying so, especially in the Games forum.
    Agnes, Elsa "Elsie", Astoria, Miranda, Priscilla, Wilhelmina

Finn, Sam, Augustus "Gus", Todd, Oliver, Thorne

And my Ultimate Guilty Pleasures...
    Sunday and Cove

I don't think of any names as stupid but I think some are harder on children than others. And how difficult a name may be for a child completely depends on their personality and interests. Banjo or Guitar may not work very well for a child who has no interest in music or adult who is more interested in being a judge, doctor, or accountant than a musician. Likewise, certain names will affect how a person may be treated by others based just on the name - I would never name a daughter Brandi or Bambi or something like that because for many people the names call to mind strippers and bimbos.

I muh prefer versatile names that work across any type of personality, interest, career aspiration, etc. For example, Augustus could be Augustus, August, Auggie, or Gus depending on the child/adult bearing the name. A Miranda could be Miranda, Mira, Mandy, or Randi depending on the girl/women.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I've actually met:
    Talon
    Happy
    Sparkle and her sister Diamond
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas