Names Searched Right Now:

Is There Anyone Else who Likes Herbert???

It's kind of cute, but I'd never use it because of the 'nerd' stereotypes...
    Merry Christmas
    Dios te ama tanto que envió a su Hijo
    Chuck, Seymour
    Peggy

Yes! I don't know what else to say. If I had a very different husband I would've liked children named Herbert, Reginald, Edgar, Rosina, Zelda and Ursula.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I was acquainted with a Herbert in high school, Herbert Eugene and he went by Herbie. He wasn't nerdy, surprisingly - he actually was kind of a skater punk. I wouldn't ever use it, but thinking about it it's not actually a bad-sounding name.
    Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013) #3 Coming June 2015
    Crushes:
    Absalom Aslan Aura Beau Chrysanthemum Cocoa Coraline Crow Dandelion Dodger Dragonsong Echo El-ahrairah Fable Hawkeye Hedwig Ivan Kingsmark Ksenia Madrigal Mercury Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Snow Sweetbriar Tundra Wit

names and stories and such

Makes me think of Herbert James Draper (my picture is from one of his paintings - I love his work) which is by no means a bad thing, and Herbie/Herb is adorable. Would it work on a teenager though? You'd have to find the right nickname, I think. Very classy though, I love it!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel-------------------------------Recent Fancies: Mads [boy] & Roxana [girl]

I think Herbert is adorable! I would never be brave enough to use it, it's one of those names that I just like to look at.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan