Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Novelai?

I'm having a heck of a time naming our third. Hubs and I were at it again, as usual, just throwing names around and one or both saying "meh"....

We kind of made up this name...I can't find any information but the pronunciation would be "nova-lie" (lie as in not the truth). Thoughts?

Our other two daughters are Athena and Gianna. Our last name is generic. Her middle name will be Gail.

It's alright. I don't love it, but it's not bad either. I had no idea how to pronounce it at first, and, IMO, it does't fit with your other children's names.

Athena, Gianna, and Loralei sound much better Imo.
    Last edited by lilauburn13; September 21st, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

I think that Novelai is very made-up looking, which I find to be a turn-off. I like Nova and Lorelei, but I'm not a fan of them smushed together. I think it's much less nice than Athena and Gianna, both of which are lovely. I also suspect that Novelai would have a lot of issues with pronunciation, since it's so unfamiliar and kind of daunting looking.

It also reminds me of the of the movie Where The Heart Is, where Natalie Portman plays a pregnant teenager named Novalee who gives birth in a Wal-Mart.

Could I recommend Appellation Mountain's blog post with a list of three syllable girls' names ending in y? Not quite the same pattern as Novelai, but it's similar, so you might find something you like. Not all of the names are great, but you might find some sort of inspiration. I was just rereading it and I noticed Verily, which I think is pretty.

http://appellationmountain.net/fresh...mes-for-girls/

Dislike it. I also dislike Novalee, so maybe it's just the Nova names in general. I agree with @lilauburn13, it doesn't fit with your other daughters names. A few suggestions:
    Antonia
    Sofia
    Pandora
    Elena
    Valentina (this is probably my favorite for you)
    Cassandra
    Delfina
    Flavia
    Marcella
    Violet
    Rosanna

Hope that helps!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

It looks like a combination of Nova and Lorelei; I think it is aesthetically pretty and though I want to like it, all I see is Novel. I am not a fan of word names so I say no to Novel.