Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wilson?

Wilson?

DH & I have a boy due in December. My mom just suggested Wilson, which was her grandmother's maiden name. My mom's grandmother was EXTREMELY important to my mom, and my mom is EXTREMELY important to me.

However, Wilson seems a little "nerdy" to me. What do you think?

FYI - I'm not interested in naming him something similar to Wilson in an attempt to honor my great-grandmother. Also, the only other family name my mom suggested was Simon, which DH hates for some crazy reason.

Thanks!!!

I like Wilson. I really like the potential nickname Will. What if you used it as a middle? Eg Ezra Wilson or Charlie Wilson?
    Nicholas Arthur Ashby (01.12.10)
    Theodore Stellan Rain (TBE 12.09.13)

I think it would make a fabulous middle name. I'm not so keen on it as a first name just because 1) I associate the name with the volleyball companion of Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway and 2) it was the name of Tim Allen's neighbor (whose face was never seen) in the TV series Home Improvement.

So I don't think "nerd" so much as "pale, middle-aged white man"

I like it. Wilson feels very sporty to me, not nerdy, and I can imagine it on a guy of any age. It's very on trend and I can't imagine a Wilson feeling out of place with peers named Jackson and Mason. Especially with the family meaning, I think you should use it.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Thanks for the input!