Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuelle? :)

Emmanuelle? :)

I was hoping on getting opinions on Emmanuelle. It'll honor a family member, and I'm thinking about putting it on my favorites list (not expecting, I just love names). For a while, I thought about putting it in the middle spot, but I've grown to really like it.

So, how useable do you believe Emmanuelle is? Middle name and nickname suggestions? If Emmanuelle was the middle name, what would be your suggestions for the first name?

These are a few of my favorite girl names, so you can get a feel of my style:

Astrid, Cressida, Hermione, Imelda, Ottoline, & Wilhelmina

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by sari; September 20th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Sari, lover of names.

The enchanting little witches: Euphemia, Cressida, Ottoline & Hermione.
    The charming young wizards: Bartholmew, Zephyr, Cosmo & Lucian.

Emmanuelle is on my list, so I think it's useable. Sure, it's a bit long, but no longer than Elizabeth. Since Emmanuel is commonly known, even though Emmanuelle is rarely used (in English-speaking countries), it's still familiar. Plus you have nickname options like Emmy, Ellie, Nell, and Nella.

With a longer name like Emmanuelle, I'd go with shorter middles such as:
    Emmanuelle Jane
    Emmanuelle Kate
    Emmanuelle Elise (though maybe that's too many Ls?)
    Emmanuelle Corinne
    Last edited by maggiefromcanada; September 20th, 2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Forgot about Ellie!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I love it! It could easily nickname it's way to Emmy, Em, Emma, Elle, Ellie, Ella, Manny, Nell, Nellie, Mel, Mellie...personally it would be Nell for me, some of the others feel too common for me. Wilhelmina is another love of mine and they have a similar style, versatility & sophistication for me.

It is a whole lot of name though and it would pair well with simple middles (or firsts) that aren't too vowelly or intense. Like Emmanuelle Faye, Emmanuelle Wren, ect.

Emmanuelle is so pretty. I think I would put her in the first name spot and Emmanuelle Skye, or

E. Morgan
    E. Fleur
    E. Rose
    E. Jemima
    E. Charlotte
    E. Carolina
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    Emmanuelle is on my list, so I think it's useable. Sure, it's a bit long, but no longer than Elizabeth. Since Emmanuel is commonly known, even though Emmanuelle is rarely used (in English-speaking countries), it's still familiar. Plus you have nickname options like Emmy, Ellie, Nell, and Nella.

With a longer name like Emmanuelle, I'd go with shorter middles such as:
    Emmanuelle Jane
    Emmanuelle Kate
    Emmanuelle Elise (though maybe that's too many Ls?)
    Emmanuelle Corinne
    Emmanuelle Corinne. You're amazing. A few months ago, I met a four year old Corinne, and I started a crush (OKAY, maybe a full fledged affair) on it. AHHH that's gorgeous. Thank you!

Taz: How funny! This name will be after a Manuela who goes by Nellie. Also, Emmanuelle Wren is very adorable Thanks!

Rollo: I LOVE Emmanuelle Fleur (I keep saying it because it's so beautiful). And Emmanuelle Charlotte. Thank you!
    Sari, lover of names.

The enchanting little witches: Euphemia, Cressida, Ottoline & Hermione.
    The charming young wizards: Bartholmew, Zephyr, Cosmo & Lucian.