Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Reminds me of Fawkes the Phoenix from the Harry Potter books.

Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    It means more than just attractive though. It means they're sexually appealing. Adults might want to be appealing sexually but it's not exactly the best term for a teen.
    Eh. I don't know if I've ever actually heard someone under the age of 70 use the term "fox" for a sexy man in real life. I think it's about as likely to get used as "catch" or "dish", and I really don't think school children are going to be using it in that way. Kids today find it totally appropriate to just call someone sexy! I think kids are more likely to get teased for names like Peter or Richard, or for having a last name like Johnson, at least if you're in the US!

I think it's one of those things that adults believe will be a problem (i.e. everyone telling me that my daughter will get called Poison Ivy, when no person under the age of 40 has ever mentioned it), that just isn't in the real world. I could be wrong, I just don't see it as being a likely issue.

ETA: And the people that will likely be their bosses someday (people our age and slightly younger, scary!) will just think of Fox Mulder :P
    Last edited by tk.; September 20th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

I like Fox! I think it's something you have to be sure 100 % about before you use it, but I definitly disagree with PP's. It's a nice strong name. I love it as a middle name though. I have it in one of my favorite combos (Dorian Oliver Fox).
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tk. View Post
    Eh. I don't know if I've ever actually heard someone under the age of 70 use the term "fox" for a sexy man in real life. I think it's about as likely to get used as "catch" or "dish", and I really don't think school children are going to be using it in that way. Kids today find it totally appropriate to just call someone sexy! I think kids are more likely to get teased for names like Peter or Richard, or for having a last name like Johnson, at least if you're in the US!

I think it's one of those things that adults believe will be a problem (i.e. everyone telling me that my daughter will get called Poison Ivy, when no person under the age of 40 has ever mentioned it), that just isn't in the real world. I could be wrong, I just don't see it as being a likely issue.

ETA: And the people that will likely be their bosses someday (people our age and slightly younger, scary!) will just think of Fox Mulder :P
    I've never heard of a child named Peter or Richard get made fun of for their name (that goes for the people with the surname of Johnson as well). Also, X-Files started when I was 7 and ended when I was 16. I know who Fox Mulder is but only associate the name Mulder with him. I don't know anyone my age that ever watched the show so I'm not too sure Fox Mulder will be an association for many people.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Thanks everyone. We are real learning to it