Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is Ellen dated?

Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    I think an Ellen might get Elle before Ellie but Ellen is a short enough name that people won't automatically try to nickname it.
    I agree with this. I know at least three Ellens (age 31, 29, and 18) and none of them have a nickname.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

[QUOTE=tori101;2071598]Ellen...
    I think Ellen is a lovely fresh name, elegant and effortless. Ellie does feel like the natural nickname but then if you infiltrate the nickname Elle people would refer to Ellen as Elle. She works stunningly well with Hermione the whole choice feels so chic and lovely. I don't know Ellen DeGeneres but I assume this association will not be strong and just be a namesake like if you name your son Brad people may think Brad Pitt.
    I really don't think Ellen screams old women she's a classic it's like saying Elizabeth screams old women.

Agreed, its a classic name

I know a 1 and 15 yr old Ellen and then some 50+ ones. I know the younger ones were named after Ellen's. if people can use Sylvia and Elinor- why not Ellen?
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

Personally I say go for it. I'm eighteen and I graduated with a girl named Ellen and it worked really well, I loved it

I know two Ellen's under the aged of 16 one is Ellie the other is simply Ellen she has siblings named Alex, Jemma (twin girls) and Aidan. I do like it but prefer Eleanor and Eloise more
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆