Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It actually sounds masculine to me as it reminds me of the retired football player Patrick Vieira who was always referred to by his surname, as footballers are. I don't think it's a bad name though, and I like it more than Vera, which is still very 'old woman' to me. Also, I've just finished rewatching series 1-3 of Downton Abbey and Vera was the name of a particularly awful character, which doesn't really help my opinion of it much.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Vera looks like a first name. Veira and Viera look more like surnames to me. I think Vera is best.
    This, but you'd never get the pronunciation you're looking for.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Vera can be pronounced like "Veera" or "Vaira"; I taught a girl with the latter pronunciation, and have heard the former in movies and TV. I don't think you need to spell it differently. As soon as she introduces herself, it will be clear to everyone which way she pronounced it.