Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer

I prefer Sawyer for a boy, it's so handsome. Whereas for a girl it just feels so masculine, too tough.

But if you like it here are some middle name suggestions:
    Sawyer Elizabeth
    Sawyer Penelope
    Sawyer Persephone
    Sawyer Charlotte
    Sawyer Gabrielle
    Sawyer Natalie
    Sawyer Amaryllis
    Sawyer Katherine
    Sawyer Vivienne

Unless you're going to call her "Sawyer-Jane" everytime you talk to her or about her, the Jane won't feminize the Sawyer. Most people won't know her middle name, so she'll be just plain Sawyer the majority of her life.

I personally find it a bit of a meaningless name on either sex. It just means "woodcutter;" what's the point of it? For me its as weird as naming a kid Lawyer or Carpenter.

I think Jane is gorgeous, but as a middle it can feel like filler. I've got Jane on my own lost as a middle because it honors family, but even so, names like Rose, Grace, and Jane are very commonplace middles these days (like Lynn, Anne, and Marie were twenty years ago). If its an honorific, keep it. But if it just sounds nice, find something less cliché.

The SSA doesn't, to my knowledge, report on middle names but every girl named Sawyer I've ever heard of was either Sawyer Rose or Sawyer Jane. It doesn't stand out at all.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    Unless you're going to call her "Sawyer-Jane" everytime you talk to her or about her, the Jane won't feminize the Sawyer. Most people won't know her middle name, so she'll be just plain Sawyer the majority of her life.

I personally find it a bit of a meaningless name on either sex. It just means "woodcutter;" what's the point of it? For me its as weird as naming a kid Lawyer or Carpenter.
    This... and also Tom Sawyer is the only other thing I think of

Definitely all boy. I know girls named Sawyer, but I'm continually surprised at how people find this even remotely feminine. It's so harsh and masculine, in meaning and in sound.

I do love S names for girls though, other more unisex names like Sage, Sasha would be much better.

I LOVE the name Sawyer! My little girl is 1 1/2 and her name is Sawyer Elle. Do you have a family name that you would like to use? My daughter's middle name is from my mom's first name Rochelle Roch(ELLE). Just an idea for you. Sawyer Jane is really cute. I am having another girl and trying to find a name as cute as Sawyer. Great selection! Good luck!