Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Simeon v. Simon.

Hello! I am Lottie - a fairly average teenager who is not having a baby! (:

I am not usually posting in the boys' baby names section because I really like to play baby name games, but I do have a particular conflict ensuing in my mind as I type. I really like the name Simon, but I equally adore the name Simeon. I love the name Simon because of its Bible reference to Simon Peter and long I, and I love Simeon for its long E and quick first two syllables. I'd like to ask for the opinions of Berries on to which is their favorite - other opinions might broaden my perspective on which is a more suitable name.

Thanks for reading! (:
    Last edited by little.lottie710; September 17th, 2013 at 04:50 PM.
    -- Lottie --

I think Simeon is a bit of an unnecessary syllable if Simon is also considered as a possibility. And for the record I don't consider Simon to be a "Bible" name at all, no more than I consider it a Macedonian name.

I like Simeon better. It has more quirk. I feel like it has all the interesting parts of Gideon, but all the charm of Simon. It feels equally Hebrew AND Biblical to me; I just love it. Simon's much more mainstream, but I find Simeon to be so much cooler. Simon has better associations (Simon Peter), but Simon and Simeon are related, so I am not too fussed on that angle. I do like Simon, but not nearly so much as Simeon!

I prefer Simeon. It has a completely different feel than Simon. Simeon has a spark that I don't find with Simon.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I prefer Simon, but they are both very nice They are both Biblical