Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Thanks @ rkrd :-)

I might have a new name option for the list . How you feel about Elijah nn Eli?

" Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too was a gift " ~ Mary Oliver

My name is Vasiliki but I prefer Bellerose . A lover of dark names , trying to be something in her life .

Persephone " Seph " ~ Hades ~ Prometheus .

I'm going to pick between names with the same letter first. I don't want to have kids with the first starting letter. That may not bother you, but that's what I always do first to narrow down a list. Then I make a list of names that I can't choose if I choose a certain name, perhaps because they're too similar or because they're like Romeo and Juliet: bound through a literary work.

Alaric: Over Amadeus. Amadeus is too Mozart for me. I like Alaric's meaning and the character in the Vampire Diaries. It sounds familiar and warm. Amadeus seems a bit regal/royal/much.
    Basil(over Beau): I really like the way you would pronounce it. Give Basil an O middle and you could nickname him Beau. Beau doesn't feel as substansial to me as Basil. Beau has a rather southern feel. Basil could be anyone.
    Christian
    Dorian: I've always prefer Dorian because: Portrait of Dorian Grey. Damon is too Vampire Diaries for me. Although maybe you're going for that considering you have Alaric on your list. I would prefer Dorian and Alaric.
    Edward
    Gideon
    Leonardo " Leo "
    Orlando: Orlando doesn't feel too out there compared to Orpheus. Knew an Orpheus who was made fun of because "orifice".
    Percival " Percy "
    Quentin
    Romeo: I've never liked Reuben too much. Reminds me of the sandwich. You have to walk a very fine line with Romeo though.
    Sebastian
    Tristan
    William

Eliminated: Amadeus, Beau, Orpheus, Rueben. 5 to go.

I think you have "normal names" and "not so normal names." One isn't better than the other.

Normal:
    Basil
    Beau
    Christian
    Damon
    Dorian
    Edward
    Gideon
    Leonardo
    Percival
    Quentin
    Reuben
    Sebastian
    Tristan
    William

Not so normal:
    Alaric
    Amadeus
    Orpheus
    Romeo

I feel like: Christian & Edward & William: are too ordinary for you.

I don't really like: Gideon & Leonardo (always prefer Leopold) & Percival.

I really like: Alaric & Basil & Dorian & Romeo & Sebastian & Tristan.

These are the ten I would keep:

Alaric
    Beau
    Dorian
    Edward
    Gideon
    Leonardo " Leo "
    Orlando
    Reuben
    Sebastian
    William
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Thank you very much @ irmgard + theodorian :-)
    You help me a LOT. I really appreciate it.

You are right. Christian & William are ordinary for me. They will propably eliminate. I love Edward way to much to let him go.
    Quentin is propably out.
    Reuben a sandwich?? First time I hear that.
    Leonardo : I don't really know what to feel about that. I love the nn Leo & the associations but I hate that a turtle has that name.
    Basil vs Beau is a difficult decision. But I love the idea about Basil nn Beau!!
    Amadeus is propably out. I feel its way to serious.
    Alaric I love but I hate the nn Ric.

I don't really mind a common first letter but I have noticed that I have four names ending in - ian.
    Christian vs Dorian vs Sebastian vs Tristan.

What you prefer?

" Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too was a gift " ~ Mary Oliver

My name is Vasiliki but I prefer Bellerose . A lover of dark names , trying to be something in her life .

Thank you @ renrose :-)