Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    @mill1020 I love spunky kids that don't take any nonsense and it is great to know that she will stand up to people, we need to have that ability as we go through life and as long as it doesn't get physical it will be fine.

I love to hear that she has a beautiful caring nature, obviously the good example her mother shows her. She sounds gorgeous.

rollo
    Psalm 23

@rollo, thanks, dear!

Having a daughter is a very special thing, isn't it? I love our boys to pieces and would have been very happy with all boys, but it's awesome to have a girl, too. Ours definitely wants a little sister, and that request is met with a firm "NO" from her dad (apparently she has been telling people we will keep having kids until she gets a sister! Hah!) but I am working on him.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Naomi, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas Christopher, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

Quote Originally Posted by mill1020 View Post
    @rollo, thanks, dear!

Having a daughter is a very special thing, ... Ours definitely wants a little sister,.
    I can relate to that I had a serious discussion with my gdaughter a few years ago when her mother was expecting because she said to me, "Nanny I really want a sister". I put it to her gently that she may get a brother as I didn't want to raise her expectations. I needn't have worried because a sister came along.

rollo
    Psalm 23

Too true, rollo. I'd be surprised if she weren't a little disappointed if she got yet another brother, but I'm sure the boys would be glad to outnumber her four-to-one. At that point we'd shrug our shoulders and say, "Sorry, little lady. I guess you ARE the sister in this family."

If we had another boy I don't know what we would name him. It was easy to name our first two boys (family names) but then we ran out of male family names we both liked, and had a major name-suggesting showdown over the course of the whole pregnancy for Zach. Zachary was the ONLY first name we both liked. Oh well, that's what nameberry is for...

I've got a friend whose husband really, really wanted a daughter, and they had four sons first. They have seven children now: 2 girls, 5 boys. Interestingly, she says she had a harder time naming her first daughter than any of her sons.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Naomi, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas Christopher, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")