Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scandinavian baby names

Wdyt of the following?

Thyri (pronounced "theory")

Brinya (traditionally Brinja)

Freya

Thora

I was thinking Thyri Katerine or Freya Beatrice as my top choices.

Only like Freya because it has nice meaning and Freya was goddess of love and magic. Another reason is easy-to-spell and it's recognisable. Not that I'm opposed to wacky names, just don't like names I have trouble pronouncing or trouble making an impression. Thora is OK, but prefer Thor on boy and Thora is just too masculine for my taste.
    Ludwig Beowulf Percival Raphael Orpheus Sylvan Clement Gilbert Thorin Gaspar Amaury Godfrey Peregrine Arthur Wesley Edmund Caspar Roscoe Emil Leon Robin Oberon Darcy Tristan Magnus Lucius Orlando Maximilian Erik
    Ottilie Melody Cecily Rosamund Seraphina Sunniva Charlotte Melisende Sonnet Heloise Melusina Amoret Bridget Freya Cressida Celestine Nimue Novella Gwenllian Avalon Beatrice Bradamante Marigold Eliska Aurora Cvita Elysia Helena Astraea Dorothea Rosaline Emilia Saskia

I like the sound of Brinya and Freya is so pretty!
    ♧ expecting a wee one in november ♧
    ♧ finnegan michael ♧ fiona cathleen ♧

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I love Thora so, so much! I would see Thyri and want to pronounce it tyree. I don't know if that makes a difference to you. It's a pretty name, but she may have to spell/pronounce it for people in English speaking countries.

Freya Beatrice is great!
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Thora, Brinja and Thyri are so beautiful! Thyri Katerine is stunning, that would be my choice.