Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Er...

Downton Abbey

There's a girl in my college class, and her name is E. Kodi-Leigh. The E isn't short for anything, her birth name is legitimately E. Kodi-Leigh. Her younger sister however, has a much more usable name....Cleopatra. So, E. Kodi-Leigh and Cleopatra. I know a few berries like/love Cleopatra, so thought I'd share this one. I've never met anyone who's had a letter simply thrown into their name before....

{Martha. Lucy. Charlotte. Rose. Betsy. Evelyn. Pearl. Violet. Ada. Iris. Maude}
    {Elsie. Florence. Doris. Beatrice. Lillian. Minnie. Mabel. Daisy. Elizabeth. Eleanor.}
    {James. George. Henry. Andrew. Charlie. Daniel. Ernest. Matthew. Patrick. Walter.}
    {John. Christopher. Thomas. William. Winston. Hugo. Lachlan. Jack. Freddie. Albert.}

That is really odd. Makes me wonder what the parents were thinking...not necessarily in a bad way, just wondering how they settled on those really random names.

Amaryllis Josephine Dove (Lilly) * Holiday Elizabeth Lux (Holly)

Phineas Orlando Jack (Finn) * Caspian Apollo Gray (Cash)

I once read an article about baby names and there was a couple who named their oldest daughter E. Just E, nothing else, and i don't think she had a middle either. I always wanted to find the article to see if they ever did a follow-up interview when she was older, but of course I've never managed to find it.

Kodi-leigh is interesting, as is Cleopatra. Neither seem like they'd be particularly easy to live with, but I'm sure they're surviving just fine
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Kinda weird.
    New username is @ truenature

Cair Paravel :)
    That is quite odd. Why not just Kodi Leigh? lol. I'm not genuinely surprised by an actual letter on the birth certificate and that's all, though. President Truman didn't have a middle name, just a middle initial (Harry S Truman--no period, even!--was his name!), and my grandfather was legitimately L. B. Smith. No FN, no MN, just a set of initials, because my great grandmother couldn't be presumed upon to choose 2 little names. She didn't even have any other children, so I can't imagine why she couldn't come up with anything more than two initials, but whatever, hahaha! It's assumed the two initials she chose was after her uncle/brother/father/grandfather (not sure which!), whose full name was Lester Beebe (at least she didn't pass that down! L. B. is much preferred to that, lol).
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Audrey Lila Pearl | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Adele Sofia Eloise | Zane Alexander Caspian | Aurora Cecilia Anouk | Grant Frédéric Conrad
    Zoe Charlotte Jane | Schuyler Daniel Grey | Penelope Isla Jane | Dashiell Lion Elias | Carolina Esther Jane | Rory Sebastian Rufus

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey!
    Chapter 2 is now up!!