Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cleo's Sister: All Sass, History & Simplicity

I LOVE the name Cleo Eleanor (Eleanor's a family name- not something I'd change) but I can't come up for a good sister name. Middle name would be Mary. Brothers would be Patrick (PJ) and Robert (Bobby).

I would like the name to have only one commonly used spelling (I know about Clio/Cleo, but I think most people would automatically think Cleo) and I don't mind if it's longer than Cleo as long as it isn't too elaborate.

I've already thought of:
    Iris Mary- I like it, but I always think of eyeballs when I hear Iris...
    Ruby Mary- Don't like the double -y ending, and I don't like some words that rhyme with Ruby.
    Linnea Mary- I ALWAYS think of an SNL skit with a character named Linnea, and even though it was hilarious, it just kind of killed it for me.
    Juliet Mary- Lovelovelove Juliet, but I knew some terrible Julies/Julias while growing up.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I love Juliet too! If you have your own Juliet, none of the previous Julies you knew will matter, is my opinion I say go for it!

Cleo is spunky so I like Ruby with the name. Second choice would be Iris. No, Ruby Mary isn't ideal but we rarely use our mn's anyway so it's not a big deal. The flow between the first name and surname is MORE important. Would you consider using a version of Mary like Marian, Maria or Mariel?

Cleo and sister...

Ivy (has a little more spunky than Iris)
    Eden
    Eva
    Arden
    Daisy
    Stella
    Hazel
    Alice
    Lila
    Nora
    Eliza
    Greta
    Junia
    Daphne
    Isla
    Isis
    Lilith
    Esme
    Giselle
    Georgia
    Hattie
    Mabel
    Tess
    Sybil
    Ines
    Freya
    Maya/Maia
    Xanthe
    Thalia
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Alyssa: I do love Juliet, but I just can't get past the association with those girls... Gemma, maybe?

Mischa: I also don't like some words that rhyme with Ruby... And Mary is a family name, and I don't like any of its variants as much as I like the name itself. From your list, I love Eva (prefer Eve, though), Junia, Isis (LOVE, but possibly too Ancient Egypt-themed with the short form of Cleopatra?), Lilith and Esme.

Thanks! Keep 'em coming, berries!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.