Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking How did you announce to your SO?

So I'm not sure if I'm pregnant yet (a few days out from an "accurate" test), but I have a really good feeling I might be. So this got the wheels turning for me... How should I tell my husband??

What ways did you announce your pregnancy to your significant other (if he/she wasn't there when you tested)? What about friends and family?

Creative ideas and suggestions for announcing Baby West are SO WELCOME. Thanks in advance!
    Wilde West

Not yet a mother; always a name nerd.

Potential West Babes: Alexander Mansfield | Samuel Forrester | Harrison Everest | William Ashcroft | Christopher Atlas
    | Lorelei Bryony | Catherine Dahlia |

Guilty Pleasures: Adlai | Eos | Rowen | Oriana | Anoa | Wilhelmina

I had all these ideas going into it. I thought about getting a little onesie that said something about Dad on it. All of that went out the window and I ended up waking him up and blurting out the news at 5:30 in the morning, right after I took my test! Ah well, his face was still priceless.

As far as friends and family, I saw one story on a message board where a woman was at a family gathering and she got everyone to take a picture together. Her husband took the photo, saying "Okay, everybody smile and say 'Jennifer's pregnant!' " I thought that was really cute because then you can take the picture of everyone's reaction!
    Mom to baby Leo

An ex-friend announced pregnancy to the general world with a bottle of Prego spaghetti sauce with a sticky not on it saying "I'm" . I thought that was adorable.

I made my husband and powerpoint slideshow with pictures of little hands and little feet and the words "I can't wait to meet you Daddy" It wasn't fancy but it did it's job. He stared at it for a moment then turned to me and frowned and said "Wait what? Are we pregnant?" I nodded and he started crying and saying "We're pregnant!" Over and over and then he knocked me back on my back (we were on the bed) and hugged me until I had to beg him to stop. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Well, mine aren't really that creative, but I'll still share.

When I got my BFP it was just after our anniversary. He was laying in bed and I told him I had one more anniversary surprise for him. I crawled into bed and handed him the test. He was so shocked, but so elated. Such a great moment.

We had both of our parents over for dinner one night when we had all of the kids and told them we had big news and then made them guess. I was surprised how long it took them to guess it, but finally my father got it. We just kind of let it spread from there. We didn't do a big announcement for our friends.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I was too scared and excited to do anything cute. He was in the shower and I stuck the test in. I was crying because I was on adderall at the time and was convinced that I'd already done some damage to the baby's heart (which didn't happen, everything thankfully developed normally). He was mostly just trying to calm me down. We both think it's kind of funny now. Most of the happiness came we got back from the doctor.

I was actually just thinking about it the other day, and I think when we have another one I may have Ivan announce it, depending on his age. I think it would be kind of cute to have a two or three year old climb up on Daddy's lap and proudly say he's going to be a big brother, then just watch as it sinks in.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah