Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think?

Hi everyone, my husband and I are trying to conceive and have been discussing names the entire time that we have been together...which is 7 years. I think our top choice for a boy is Finnian Christopher...what do you think? Finnian would have the nn Finn and Christopher is my husband's first name which is carrying down a tradition because my husband's middle name is his dad's first name. Quite a few people that we have mentioned Finnian to didn't like it. We live in the states and we only know one little boy with the name Finnian...he is 4. Suggestions are welcome, we tend to like names that are a little unusual but not off the wall and not too popular.

I think that Finnian Christopher is a wonderful name, it's handsome and I love the nn Finn! I am curious as to why other people did not like Finnian. Oh well, you cannot please everyone with your naming choice, so I think that you have to decide if their opinions matter that much to you or not.

Other Suggestions
    Niall
    Lorcan
    Ronan
    Callum
    Rafferty
    Keegan
    Cormac

Finnian sounds kinda cute but I get why other people might not like it.
    I do like Phineas and Finnegan better simply because they add a different sound to Finn while the -ian ending sounds very close to Finn due to the i and n (I hope you get what I mean).
    Last edited by opheliaflora; September 19th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Polly

Ophelia "Ellie" | Penelope "Peppi" | Rose "Rosie"

August | Elliott "Otti" | Theo

Finnian is a pretty rare name for the US. Most people would be more familiar with just Finn. People often critize the names that sounds different to them so I wouldn't worry about it. You're naming the child and have to live with your choice. There was a Broadway play called "Finian's Rainbow". I think the name is a fine Irish name. I don't think you need suggestions but here are some "Finn" names.

Fintan
    Finnegan
    Fingal
    Findlay/Finlay/Finley
    Finbar
    Phineas
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Finnian Christopher is a handsome name. You could also consider Flynn, Griffin (nn Finn), Teague, Caspian or Lucian.

favorite names this week: Jane Cosima & Lars Augustus