Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Wow! I'm loving all this help!! You guys are amazing! There are so many I like and a few I would've never considered...until now! I will have to roll around all these wonderful ideas!

I love the name Isaac/Ike!!! There is a boy at our church with that name...so I was staying away from it. I tend to completely block out names if I already know a kid with the same name. Do you do that, too? OR should I just go with it?!?

To mary-la: funny that you noticed that my other kids initials spell J-A-M-E-S...I think it's kinda cool...and I NEVER thought about using JAMES as a name...until now!!

Also, another question...How do you feel about the name Hale? That's another family name I could use, mostly likely for a middle name as well. But, is it too much like hell?!? I worry about all the wrath a child could face...what do you think?

Thanks again! You are all great! Now off to study these names more!!

Hale doesn't make me think of hell. It does remind me of hailstorms and I cringe a bit with that one but that may be because of my personal experience with hailstorms and the damage they inflict. I think however if I knew a boy or a man named Hale I wouldn't keep making that association.

When I read your original post I immediately thought of Levi. Isaac nn Ike is great but really Levi is perfect.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Stella or Grace or Lucy
    Future boy: Peter Gregory

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Thanks again for all the input. After much discussing with my husband, he still insists on using Preston as the first name!! I don't hate it...just don't like it. It just doesn't have that strong sound like my other two boys, Judd and Abe. I will use it as a middle name though...to honor his great uncle.
    Right now my #1 is Levi Preston.
    My other favorite is Nolan Hale...to honor my grandad and grama.
    Another name I like is Ezekiel Preston nn Zeke, but feel it's a little more 'out there' compared to my other kids names. What do you think?
    Well, I'm hoping when baby comes (just 7 weeks away) that my husband will agree on one of these names! (crossing fingers)
    Mom of 6!!

Quote Originally Posted by songinmyheart View Post
    Thanks again for all the input. After much discussing with my husband, he still insists on using Preston as the first name!! I don't hate it...just don't like it. It just doesn't have that strong sound like my other two boys, Judd and Abe. I will use it as a middle name though!
    I think that Ezra Preston would be a great fit as Abe, Judd and Ezra sound awesome together and have a similar style and Ezra is in vogue but not popular so you are safe with this one having the 'unique' factor.

Levi is a good fit too but it may be too popular for you whereas Ezra is right up there so this would be my choice and it is a strong manly name.

Preston as a middle works well but I definitely would not use it as a first name and the same applies to Nolan. I really feel that Dad needs to rethink having Preston in the first name spot especially as you are not too fond of it and it doesn't have the same oomph as Ezra.

rollo
    Psalm 23