Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. I have thought of Elspeth before but like someone said, so similar to Mhairi's middle name Elizabeth but more than that, don't like the sound the name makes..but love nickname Elsie! Have considered Elsa w/ nn Elsie but my husband doesn't like Elsa for some reason. I also love Ailsa but again, my husband didn't like!

Brigid is a good suggestion. I have also consider Brighid but worried the spelling might throw people off too much. Is Brigid pronounced same as Bridget?? Or would you use more of the D sound at the end? I guess it's so close it's almost not a noticeable difference but just having the Brigid spelling might feel better than the two T ending names.

Love Josephine and Lucy..but again, husband doesn't like!!

Brenna is an interesting name hadn't thought of before..might be worth thinking about some more, I like it! Also like some of the other sugestions so just have to think about it some more..love getting some brainstorming ideas! Nessa is super cute but always worry about Loch Ness Monster association..people refer to her as Nessie! But I personally think Nessie is such a cute name but then again, maybe in Scotland that would seem totally crazy!
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I would personally pronounce Brigid or Brighid with a d sound at the end as opposed to the t sound. I don't think that Brighid would throw people off, it looks okay to me. I did not even think about the Loch Ness Monster, but I could definitely see where that could cause issues.

lavendyr, I have a question for you. I really love the name Fiona, and as your daughter is named Fiona would you mind telling me people's reactions to her name? Thanks!

Brigid is nice! Also love Brenna and Nessa.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names

Jtucker, I can honestly say that people's reactions to Fiona's name have been pretty much 100% over the top positive! Almost always people say how much they love the name or how pretty it is, etc. The funny thing is, I've regretted it since the day she was born And even with all the positive feedback, sometimes I still just wish we went w/ something different. But at the same time, it is her name now and I can't imagine trying to call her something different! Probably sounds weird. It's a beautiful name but sometimes just feels a bit too 'frilly' or princessy to me! But people do always seem to love it..then again, who knows if people are being honest with you haah. It is not very common which I like, yet it's not unknown. People always seem refreshed to hear it being used, like it's a pretty name but not often heard.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with that name. My DH and I (not expecting yet) but talk about that name a lot, I first heard it on the movie the Secret of Roan Inish when I was a little girl and have loved the name ever since. It's always nice to get feedback from someone who has actually used the name. Thanks again!