Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool First Impression on some names....

Hey fellow berries!

I working on a modern apocalypse/dystopian novel. Without offering any info on the characters, what are your thoughts, feelings, and first impressions on the following names? What do you vision looks wise for each character name?

Victoria (nn. Vicky) Redrow
    Julie Distler
    Gordon (nn. Gordy) Robinson
    Lucas (nn. Luke) MacLeod

Thanks everyone!
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

Victoria (nn. Vicky) Redrow : 20 - 30 rs old woman . strong , independed wih red hair . She isnt afraid to tell what she thinks .
    Julie Distler : 16 rs old . sensitive , shy with blonde hair and big blue eyes .
    Gordon (nn. Gordy) Robinson : 40 rs old . cruel . want to rule everything .
    Lucas (nn. Luke) MacLeod : Julie's BF Handsome , royal , brave .
    Last edited by bellerose; September 19th, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”~ Edgar Allan Poe .

I find these sorts of questions redundant. To me, they could be anyone as names don't harbour personalities, it's the people behind them who do that. I can tell you however,that as a group they go together really well.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Victoria (nn. Vicky) Redrow – Victoria makes me think of an expressive teenager with a light dusting of freckles and vivid red curls. She can be feisty or poised with equal ease. Her eyes are pale, either sea green or soft grey, but they sparkle and snap when she's fired up about something. I also picture her as tall and lean, not very curvy…so not your typical short bouncy redhaired sprite. The nickname Vicky gives me a different image though, more middle-aged and tired.

Julie Distler – I get similar vibes from this as I do from Vicky, someone from my mother's generation. But as a teenage friend to Victoria, Julie would be more of a wallflower, with ash brown hair and striking blue eyes in an otherwise unremarkable face. I get the feeling that she's used to being in Victoria's shadow, but whether or not she resents it, I couldn't say.

Gordon (nn. Gordy) Robinson – The only Gordon I ever knew had very pale blond hair, light blue eyes, doughy skin, and a stutter, so I really struggle to get past that image to find my real impression of the name. Gordon seems more the British sort, witty and wry with a shock of dark hair; he could be middle-aged, elderly or a boy, but I can't picture a young adult with the name. Gordy unfortunately makes me think of the Spanish word for "fat."

Lucas (nn. Luke) MacLeod – Luke is trustworthy and bookish, and Lucas is sophisticated and dashing. I think of a man in his 20s or 30s who is equally at home in a coffee shop, bookstore, or boardroom. He could pull off ripped jeans, scarves, and three-piece suits with equal ease. He has warm rich brown eyes that make you think of caramel and chocolate; they add a layer of sensuality to his reliable vibe.

I know I didn't put any of these really in the postapocalyptic context…I was more focused on picturing a person with each name.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    Victoria (nn. Vicky) Redrow : 20 - 30 rs old woman . strong , independed wih red hair . She isnt afraid to tell what she thinks .
    Julie Distler : 16 rs old . sensitive , shy with blonde hair and big blue eyes .
    Gordon (nn. Gordy) Robinson : 40 rs old . cruel . want to rule everything .
    Lucas (nn. Luke) MacLeod : Julie's BF Handsome , royal , brave .
    Thanks. I'm have a vision of Victoria as a red-head too.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric