Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    As a preteen I was obsessed with Jennifer. I wished my name was Jennifer. I wanted to name my daughter Jennifer. I was all about it... Until my aunt named her daughter Jennifer, and I was crushed and betrayed. Now, of course, the name screams 80s to me and I cringe when I think of it on a baby, haha. When my cousin was born, realizing my Jennifer dreams had been crushed, I switched to Maggie and Daisy. Not all bad. I would still name a pet Maggie or Daisy, but not a child.

Ontario, Canada
    When I was five I made up the name Shellra because I thought seashells were pretty. And made up a whole imaginary family with names like Sydney (girl), Jenny and Alyna Alexandra nn A.A. (I actually called my sister A.A. for like a year even though it has nothing to do with her real name.) I also had imaginary friends named Ashley, Malcra, Veronica, and Rhea (ree-ah). When I was about 10 I "made up" Celinda and I really liked '90s names like Brittany, Melanie and Heather (and Winter for a girl, no idea where that came from). I guess I thought they were cool because lots of cool girls in the books I read had these names. Ashley was on my parents' list and I kept asking them why they didn't name me that... now I'm glad they didn't because I know a few other Ashleys and no Laurens (though I do know a couple Lauras).

On the other hand... I've loved Cordelia since I was like 10 when I first read Anne of Green Gables, even though I first thought it was pronounced cor-dell-ee-ah. I was crushed for a bit but then started loving the actual pronunciation.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

United States
    When I was making name lists- I was about fourteen- I really liked the names Phoenix, Bellatrix, Addison, and Ashlyn. Not gonna lie, looking back, I'm ashamed of myself.

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    When I was about 12, I loved Randi and Shawna on girls. Oh, and Brendee, a smoosh of Brenda and Renee. Don't know how I came up with those, but thank goodness my tastes have evolved!
    Haha, I am a Randi. Not a nickname, either. I am an 80's baby.

When I was a kid, I wanted four daughters named Julia, Julianna, Julie and Juliette.
    Coraline, November, Lavinia, Elodie, Francesca, Sybil, Rose, Evelyn, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Freya, Lavender, Natalia

Alaric, Griffon, Anson, Cormac, Soren, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Angus, Benjamin, Cain