Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eloise

Quote Originally Posted by ebenezer.scrouge View Post
    I feel your pain. Turns out my mum wanted to call my sister Madeline said Madelyn not actually Madelyn thats my experience she never corrected me until I blogged about it. Thanks Mum.

ugh, mums! Although, the conversation between my 14 year old sister and I just now;

me: "did you know, I've said Eloise incorrectly for the past 13 years?"
    Mikayla: "you thought it was El-oy-se?"
    me: "yep"
    Mikayla: "you know the movies....Eloise, kid who lives in the Plaza?"
    me: "yep....see, I never saw the name while I was hearing it, so I never really put two and two together, and no one's ever corrected me"
    Mikayla:"..........oops, sorry dude"

So, this entire time, Mikayla's been letting me go about saying it the wrong way. My sister's a lovely child.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

My sisters 12 and despite me giving her the nickname Dell Bell she says I can't use it, thanks Adele.

When i was talking to my mum about the Madeline/Madelyn thing she said that she thought Madeline was said mad-el-yn no mum its Mad-el-ine kind of happy a Madisons and a Madelyn put my mum of using it my poor sister would have had pronunciation issues her whole life.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ebenezer.scrouge View Post
    My sisters 12 and despite me giving her the nickname Dell Bell she says I can't use it, thanks Adele.

When i was talking to my mum about the Madeline/Madelyn thing she said that she thought Madeline was said mad-el-yn no mum its Mad-el-ine kind of happy a Madisons and a Madelyn put my mum of using it my poor sister would have had pronunciation issues her whole life.
    Mine changed the pronunciation of my middle name. It's Alannah and the Irish/traditional pronunciation is Al-LAN-ah. My mother went for the English/Scottish pronunciation (aka the lesser known), which is Al-ON-ah. As a kid, I had a medical alert bracelet due to an allergy, and teachers would always look at it to remember what I was allergic to, and, as soon as they saw Alannah, they went for the Irish way.

Lucky for me, now Honey Boo Boo, the adorable, and famous pageant girl, is well known, (her name is Alana, pronounced the way my mum says my middle name), I just go 'it's Al-on-nah, just think of Honey Boo Boo.' Worked so far!

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

I watched the Eloise at the Plaza movies about a decade ago so that is the only reason I learned this name or how to pronounce it.
    They said Elle-oo-eez

My cousin's name is Eloise; pronounced Ell-oh-weez
    I think it's a gorgeous name!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *